Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud 1/31  (Read 4485 times)

tyshaun1

Family Feud 1/31
« on: January 31, 2005, 12:34:23 PM »
Caught the FM segment, and I happened to notice that a Pizza Hut logo was next to the show logo and the family names. And at the end, a Pizza Hut guy came out and gave the family a year's worth of pizzas from Pizza Hut. WTF? Has this show resorted to corporate sponsorship?

Tyshaun

Little Big Brother

Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 01:06:41 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 12:34 PM\']Caught the FM segment, and I happened to notice that a Pizza Hut logo was next to the show logo and the family names. And at the end, a Pizza Hut guy came out and gave the family a year's worth of pizzas from Pizza Hut. WTF? Has this show resorted to corporate sponsorship?

Tyshaun
[snapback]73685[/snapback]
[/quote]

That would be a travesty.  What's next?  Handing out Capital One checks for $20,000 whenever they get 200 points?

It's a program on commercial television.  Someone's gotta pay the bill.

catnap1972

Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 01:10:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 01:06 PM\'][quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 12:34 PM\']Caught the FM segment, and I happened to notice that a Pizza Hut logo was next to the show logo and the family names. And at the end, a Pizza Hut guy came out and gave the family a year's worth of pizzas from Pizza Hut. WTF? Has this show resorted to corporate sponsorship?

Tyshaun
[/quote]

That would be a travesty.  What's next?  Handing out Capital One checks for $20,000 whenever they get 200 points?

[/quote]

Let's hope not--they'd want it paid back yesterday at 20%+ interest or they'd destroy the family's credit record(s)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 01:24:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 01:06 PM\']That would be a travesty.  What's next?  Handing out Capital One checks for $20,000 whenever they get 200 points?
[/quote]
Lest we forget winners on "The Challengers" got a Citibank® Visa Card.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 01:35:35 PM »
Were those cards used just like your average bank card?

I recall when that Pizza Hut FF episode aired a few months ago (second ep of two, maybe) and I thought it was clever.  When it's only one ad thing (The million dollar check, for example) I don't find product placement all that intrusive or bad.  When it's all over the place ("The 43rd clue on tonight's episode of Jeopardy is brought to you by Ziploc Ass Creme," that's a wee bit overboard.)
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 01:47:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 11:35 AM\']Were those cards used just like your average bank card?
[/quote]
They were used just like any Visa card with a positive balance on it. As Dick would say after Don Morrow would read the Citibank plug, "Remember, you can do anything you want with the money on that card, including converting it over to cash."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

passwordplus

Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 04:31:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 12:34 PM\']Caught the FM segment, and I happened to notice that a Pizza Hut logo was next to the show logo and the family names. And at the end, a Pizza Hut guy came out and gave the family a year's worth of pizzas from Pizza Hut. WTF? Has this show resorted to corporate sponsorship?

Tyshaun
[/quote]

So was this the rerun from Oct., or did they do this Pizza Hut thing again?

ChuckNet

Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2005, 08:54:02 PM »

That was my first thought, having read on Beverly's page that this would be a special wk featuring Amer. Idol runners-up...can anyone confirm?

Chuck Donegan (The Curious "Chuckie Baby")

johnnya2k3

Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 12:44:55 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 31 2005, 05:54 PM\']

That was my first thought, having read on Beverly's page that this would be a special wk featuring Amer. Idol runners-up...can anyone confirm?
[/quote]
If Justin Guarini will be one of them, it'll be unwatchable. But, that's synergy for you, since Feud and AI are both Fremantle properties.

Jonathan Allen

Little Big Brother

Family Feud 1/31
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 01:09:46 AM »
If Justin Guarini will be one of them, it'll be unwatchable.

I dunno.  If he finally snaps it might make for a good clip for Outrageous Game Show Moments 7.  Either way, I'm guessing most of the week will be pretty unwatchable.

But, that's synergy for you, since Feud and AI are both Fremantle properties.

This post brought to you by Ticketmaster, Pepsi-Cola, and ClearChannel Entertainment.