Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PYL prize music...  (Read 9982 times)

Kevin Prather

PYL prize music...
« on: July 20, 2003, 09:20:15 PM »
does anyone know where on the internet i can find an mp3 or something of the Press Your Luck prize music?

Dan Sadro

PYL prize music...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2003, 10:21:55 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 08:20 PM\'] does anyone know where on the internet i can find an mp3 or something of the Press Your Luck prize music? [/quote]
 Does anyone know of a thread regarding game show theme collecting that doesn't turn into a huge list of mostly irrational wants of which have been expressed time and time again by an ever-growing group of people?

Just saying...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
PYL prize music...
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 12:43:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Dan Sadro\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 07:21 PM\'] Does anyone know of a thread regarding game show theme collecting that doesn't turn into a huge list of mostly irrational wants of which have been expressed time and time again by an ever-growing group of people?
 [/quote]
 Hey, speaking of, I'm looking for the themes from The Price Is Right, and Family Feud. Don't much care about version. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it muchly. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

PYL prize music...
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 12:38:13 PM »
80stvthemes.com/gameshows

[edit: ooooh! i get it! that's sarcasm, isn't it?]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 12:39:19 PM by whoserman »

BrandonFG

PYL prize music...
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2003, 12:40:24 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 11:38 AM\'] 80stvthemes.com/gameshows

[edit: ooooh! i get it! that's sarcasm, isn't it?] [/quote]
Umm...I think...wait, I KNOW Lemon was being sarcastic. ;-)

EDIT: Nevermind...I realized you just figured that out.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2003, 12:41:08 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

PYL prize music...
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2003, 12:40:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Dan Sadro\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 09:21 PM\'] [quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 20 2003, 08:20 PM\'] does anyone know where on the internet i can find an mp3 or something of the Press Your Luck prize music? [/quote]
Does anyone know of a thread regarding game show theme collecting that doesn't turn into a huge list of mostly irrational wants of which have been expressed time and time again by an ever-growing group of people?

Just saying... [/quote]
 i find my request quite rational. i don't see why it wouldn't be.

clemon79

PYL prize music...
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 01:10:50 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 09:38 AM\'] 80stvthemes.com/gameshows

[edit: ooooh! i get it! that's sarcasm, isn't it?] [/quote]
 oh...my...god.

Kevin Prather

PYL prize music...
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 01:23:16 PM »
Guys, I asked for a recording of the PYL prize cue, not to get my ass chewed out. if you can't help, don't reply.

Dan Sadro

PYL prize music...
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2003, 04:50:14 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 11:40 AM\'] i find my request quite rational. i don't see why it wouldn't be. [/quote]
 This theme has been requested many times before, in recent months.

You need to grow a thicker skin -- the wording was that the thread would, by definition, after the first post, \"turn into a huge list of mostly irrational wants of which have been expressed time and time again by an ever-growing group of people.\"

It was not addressed at you for requesting the theme, but starting a thread on GS themes simply asks for continual howling for themes.  And once there's one post (in similar fashion to the game show proposals), copycat threads automagically show up.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
PYL prize music...
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2003, 05:53:16 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 12:23 PM\'] Guys, I asked for a recording of the PYL prize cue, not to get my ass chewed out. if you can't help, don't reply. [/quote]
 No; we're not chewing you out.  Perhaps you should read a little bit deeper into what Dan, Chris and other have said about requesting themes.

Incidentally, I have a MIDI version of it; somewhere; but until you learn how to properly request a theme....
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Kevin Prather

PYL prize music...
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2003, 07:01:39 PM »
ok, i think i got it...

does anyone know wherei can find a clip of the Press Your Luck prize music? any help would be really appreciated.

GS Warehouse

PYL prize music...
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2003, 11:41:55 PM »
OK, I'm only going to say this once:

There is word that the authorities are collecting and tracking the IP addresses of all who use file-sharing services--and have the right to arrest anyone found with one of those addresses.  They cannot nab everyone who has ever used Kazaa, Napster, et al, but I have been told recently that simply recording a song off the radio is just as illegal.  The crackdown only started when the recording industry discovered they lost so much money because of music piracy.  While the offenders are too many to nail, we fight the system all the time without even knowing it.  The last pro-legal argument I made hit a snag when someone mentioned going 4 mph over the speed limit.  Guilty as charged.  Some of us (me included) have unlicensed versions of game shows on our websites.  Heck, if Dilbert creator Scott Adams knows about my site I'm in trouble, because it uses his catch phrase \"whenever I feel like it\" more than once.  And I won't even talk about that college classmate who once accused me of sexual harrassment when I was only looking around the classroom!

Where all this is going is, if you hear something you want a clean copy of and it's available on CD, whether it's by Avril Lavigne or Edd Kalehoff, BUY THE EFFIN' DISC!!!!  Our freedom is in danger only because millions of people want to listen to music without paying for it.

[deep breath]

OK, I'm done ranting now.

Brandon Brooks

PYL prize music...
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2003, 12:25:34 AM »
Yay.  A music lesson.

There is word that the authorities are collecting and tracking the IP addresses of all who use file-sharing services--and have the right to arrest anyone found with one of those addresses.
No, they don't.  You can only be arrested if you are shown to have illegal files on your computer.  I can trade a .mp3 of my cat peeing all I want to on a P2P service, and there ain't nothing the RIAA can do about it.  (BTW, I don't have a cat, so don't worry.)

They cannot nab everyone who has ever used Kazaa, Napster, et al, but I have been told recently that simply recording a song off the radio is just as illegal.
Then you've been told wrong.  If that was so, VCRs would be illegal.

The crackdown only started when the recording industry discovered they lost so much money because of music piracy. While the offenders are too many to nail, we fight the system all the time without even knowing it.
Blah, blah, blah.  Tell me something I don't know.

The last pro-legal argument I made hit a snag when someone mentioned going 4 mph over the speed limit. Guilty as charged.
Again, blah, blah, blah.  Rules are rules... we know that.

Some of us (me included) have unlicensed versions of game shows on our websites.
That's why you should put a disclaimer on your site.

Heck, if Dilbert creator Scott Adams knows about my site I'm in trouble, because it uses his catch phrase \"whenever I feel like it\" more than once.
You gotta be kidding me.

And I won't even talk about that college classmate who once accused me of sexual harrassment when I was only looking around the classroom!
Has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

Where all this is going is, if you hear something you want a clean copy of and it's available on CD, whether it's by Avril Lavigne or Edd Kalehoff, BUY THE EFFIN' DISC!!!!
And what if it's not?

Our freedom is in danger only because millions of people want to listen to music without paying for it.
You gotta be kidding me.

[deep breath]

Good, because I felt that you were giving everyone an unnecessary lecture.  I'm sorry, but that \"rant\" was too condecending for someone who doesn't have the complete picture.  I'm not saying I do, but I know you don't.

Brandon brooks
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 12:29:39 AM by Brandon Brooks »

clemon79

PYL prize music...
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2003, 12:38:23 AM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jul 21 2003, 08:41 PM\'] OK, I'm only going to say this once:
 [/quote]
Good, because after I'm done with you you're gonna look pretty stupid if you try to say it again.

There is word that the authorities are collecting and tracking the IP addresses of all who use file-sharing services--and have the right to arrest anyone found with one of those addresses.

They can't arrest just anyone. There are LOTS and LOTS of VERY LEGITIMATE uses for those systems. If the RIAA is truly so stupid as to randomly sic the authorities on anyone using any of the aforementioned programs (and it's ENTIRELY possible that they are), then all it takes is one slipup, one potshot at the wrong guy, and they are done for. They don't exactly have a positive image in the public eye right now, and the law is currently on their side, if it's applied to the right people.

but I have been told recently that simply recording a song off the radio is just as illegal. 

Whoever told you that is quite full of what makes the grass grow green. Recording the radio for personal use falls under so many \"fair use\" laws that it's not even funny.

(By the way, making an MP3 for my own use from a CD I own, be it to play on my PC or load onto my MP3 player, is covered by those same laws. So if the RIAA wants to come sniffing around my PC (and trust me, with the security I have set up, they won't get close), they had better be able to prove the origin of each and every file on my PC has come from a nefarious source. And they can't.)

The crackdown only started when the recording industry discovered they lost so much money because of music piracy.

Yeah. They're losing TRILLIONS. Look at the pay structure for record company CEOs and say that to me again with a straight face.

Our freedom is in danger only because millions of people want to listen to music without paying for it.

I ask you what the bigger crime is: perpetuating a business model that encourages charging $20 to buy an entire CD for the one song you want, or downloading an MP3 (which is NOT a perfect copy, despite all of the record company propaganda being shoved up the orifice of your choice) of a song that I wouldn't otherwise buy, usually because the album in question is long out of print?

The fact is, if they took the time to figure out how to work WITH the system instead of against it, they would learn that they can still turn a tidy profit selling MP3's themselves. The fact that any idiot out there can rip a song from a CD now, and that most of said idiots do so BADLY, is the music industry's best weapon, but the industry is so caught up in their own puffery and sabre rattling that they refuse to see it. If they took single songs and charged me $1 for a 128Kbit, 100% guaranteed clean rip, or $2 for the same in a 320K flavor, I'd pay for the download in a New York minute.

But they're greedy and unwilling to let go of that $20-for-one-song profit margin. Obviously, in the case of the Game Show theme CD's, the money is worth spending because the majority of the tracks are worth having. But the days of a superalbum like Huey Lewis And The News's \"Sports\" or Def Leppard's \"Hysteria\", where fully half of the album consisted of released singles that received radio airplay are long since over. Today, it's \"write one hook song, fill up the rest with crap, and move on to the next album\". Why the HELL should I support that?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 02:47:19 AM by clemon79 »

whampyl03

PYL prize music...
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2003, 04:17:24 AM »

There is word that the authorities are collecting and tracking the IP addresses of all who use file-sharing services--and have the right to arrest anyone found with one of those addresses. They cannot nab everyone who has ever used Kazaa, Napster, et al, but I have been told recently that simply recording a song off the radio is just as illegal. The crackdown only started when the recording industry discovered they lost so much money because of music piracy. While the offenders are too many to nail, we fight the system all the time without even knowing it. The last pro-legal argument I made hit a snag when someone mentioned going 4 mph over the speed limit. Guilty as charged. Some of us (me included) have unlicensed versions of game shows on our websites. Heck, if Dilbert creator Scott Adams knows about my site I'm in trouble, because it uses his catch phrase \"whenever I feel like it\" more than once. And I won't even talk about that college classmate who once accused me of sexual harrassment when I was only looking around the classroom!

Where all this is going is, if you hear something you want a clean copy of and it's available on CD, whether it's by Avril Lavigne or Edd Kalehoff, BUY THE EFFIN' DISC!!!! Our freedom is in danger only because millions of people want to listen to music without paying for it.

[deep breath]

I thought the ASCAP or somebody else represented the TV music artists, not the RIAA.  But knowing me, I could be horribly wrong.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2003, 04:21:19 AM by whampyl03 »