Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Which game show host are you?......  (Read 5397 times)

aaron sica

Which game show host are you?......
« on: October 26, 2004, 03:30:08 PM »
OK, you've gotten a chance to inherit your library of favorite game shows. You've also gotten your chance to date any female game show personality.

Next one. "Quantum Leap" style, you can go back in time and occupy the body of any game show host. Which one do you choose and why?

I won't choose any to be fair.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 04:03:54 PM by aaron sica »

adamjk

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »
I would like to be Bob Barker. He has what I think is the best game show job anywhere in hosting the Price is Right.  He gets to meet 9 different people each show he does? What other game show host can say that?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 04:47:02 PM by adamjk »

geno57

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 04:02:08 PM »
Gene Rayburn has been my inspiration ever since the first time I watched The Match Game (NBC version, early '63). We even share the same first name.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 04:13:40 PM »
Wow...there are so many I could think of for so many different reasons and wanting to see life experiences as they did...but perhaps I'd pick Garry Moore in his IGAS days. He had a terrific panel of talented friends (imagine always working with Bill Cullen) , had a great attitude, and got to meet a variety of interesting guest celebrities every week. I'd be working with Mark and Bill and a seasoned crew. That would be quite the experience.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 04:30:10 PM »
Steve Allen--his wit was beyond compare for most hosts (and if you've ever seen some of the lame jokes I've come up with here, you know that wit is one thing I could certainly use more of).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

dzinkin

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 04:40:13 PM »
Bill Cullen.  Aside from his wit, his easygoing nature and his broad range of talent and experience, he proved that a disability does not have to keep one from having a long and fulfilling career.

Winkfan

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 04:54:06 PM »
Next one. "Quantum Leap" style, you can go back in time and occupy the body of any game show host. Which one do you choose and why?

Someone I idolized at the tender age of ten, and that would be Gambit dealer Elaine Stewart; mainly because I'd get to work with You-Know-Who! (My 'alternate choice' would be Big Showdown princess Heather Cunningham; she got to work with a doll of a host as well!)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Lynda Day George of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 04:25:33 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 05:06:06 PM »
I'd have to pick Gene Rayburn as well.  Great sense of humor... great personality... host of a great show (Match Game 7x)... and getting to kiss the "new kid on the block" would just be the greatest.

That... and he has a cool microphone.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

mystery7

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 05:35:24 PM »
Tough to pick just one here. First, there's fellow Hungarian Gene Rayburn - brash, brilliant, clever, and cranky all in the same package.

Bill Cullen, as David pointed out, was a classic example of someone who wouldn't allow his "diasbility" to be a disability. As someone with a "disability" myself, I look up to Bill's example.

Jack Barry: I admire Jack not so much for his hosting chops but his balance between hosting, creating and producing. Tic Tac Dough was a brilliant twist on the old kids' game.

I'll have to get back to you on my final choice.

KWJCDon

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 05:59:58 PM »
For me, it would have to be Bill Cullen. He a fellow Pittsburgher as I am. Actually, my Grandmother did know Bill when they were kids and young adults. They were only about a year apart in age. Wish she had told me more about him before she passed away. He is the best in the business.

davemackey

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 06:14:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Oct 26 2004, 04:54 PM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 26 2004, 12:30 PM\']Next one. "Quantum Leap" style, you can go back in time and occupy the body of any game show host. Which one do you choose and why?[/quote]

Someone I idolized at the tender age of ten, and that would be Gambit dealer Elaine Stewart; mainly because I'd get to work with You-Know-Who! (My 'alternate choice' would be Big Showdown princess Heather Cunningham; she got to work with a doll of a host as well!)
[snapback]62049[/snapback]
[/quote]
Then I'd probably want to be Wink or Jim....but without that obvious motivation, I'd probably want to transmogrify into John Daly. Sitting at that desk every Sunday night and meeting the most innnn-teresting people....

Don Howard

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 10:46:46 PM »
I'd choose Chuck Woolery so I could get away with patting Stacy on the po-po.

Jay Temple

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 12:14:45 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Oct 26 2004, 02:30 PM\']OK, you've gotten a chance to inherit your library of favorite game shows. You've also gotten your chance to date any female game show personality.

I won't choose any to be fair.
[snapback]62042[/snapback]
[/quote]
If you're going to do it QL-style, you must "set [something] right that once went wrong," and it must be within your own lifetime.  With that restriction, I choose Larry Blyden, 1975, so he lives to host Show-Offs.  With any luck, it runs for so long that Body Language, with its inferior game structure, never happens.  My second choice would be to leap into Dick Clark in 1990.  I'd turn down The Challengers in order to be available when they revive The $100,000 Pyramid.

Someone a little older than me can leap into Robert Q. Lewis in hopes of getting Bill Cullen to stop smoking, or into Jack Barry to stop Dan Enright from rigging 21.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004, 04:59:29 AM »
Hmm.  Since his birthday was yesterday, I'll go with Pat Sajak.  I'd like to know what makes this WOF host tick & where he sometimes gets his humorous remarks from.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2004, 06:41:24 AM »
I would have to pick Ray Combs.  He had a good time with Feud, and he had one hell of a sense of humor.  He also got into two WWF/WWE Pay Per View events for free, back in 1992 and 1993 (boy, do I envy that!).
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15