Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Happy Birthday To...You, Too? Too Cool!  (Read 7096 times)

mystery7

Happy Birthday To...You, Too? Too Cool!
« on: October 18, 2004, 02:14:00 AM »
Since we mentioned Tom Poston's birthday yesterday, I realized that I celebrate my birthday on the same day as Suzanne Pleshette - Mrs. Tom Poston herself. What game show folk  - host, panelist, announcer, or even contestant - do you share your birthday with?

Have a good one, whenever it is.

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 02:58:51 AM »
The only GS personality I can find for my birthday (Nov. 19) is Dick Cavett, host of College Bowl (1987 edition), panelist on What's My Line?, and celebrity player on the $25,000 Pyramid.  I'm sure I'm leaving out a zillion other appearances, of course.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 04:33:58 AM »
According to the Game Show Almanac, I share my birthday(Oct. 23) to these 2 people(one directly & one indirectly):

Johnny Carson - Hosted Earn Your Vacation & Whom Do You Trust? before becomming a sucessful host of The Tonight Show for 30 years.

Weird Al Yankovic- He "Lost on Jeopardy!" but he did win Wheel of Fortune.

Don Howard

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 05:41:56 AM »
The host of The $64,000 Challenge, who only told people they were correct when they were--------------RALPH STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve McClellan

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 06:38:30 AM »
July 18 - Audrey Landers and TV Geek/all-around nice guy Paul Goebel. ;)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 06:44:27 AM »
This really doesn't count, but Pat Sajak's birthday (oct. 26) is a day before mine (oct. 27)...

...but I share the birthday with John Cleese and Theodore Roosevelt.

DrBear

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2004, 08:44:45 AM »
Well, I (Feb. 11) can claim occasional 70s HS visitor Burt Reynolds. Oh, and Thomas Edison, without whom the well'-lit game show sets would instead have been lit by thousands of candles.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 08:45:47 AM by DrBear »
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 09:19:21 AM »
Not much for those who were born on the 8th of October...

Upon checking www.famousbirthdays.com,  the celeb with the most GS experience is probably Rona Barrett (MG '7x and others.)  Then it's down to the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who hosted of The Question Is Moot (SNL skit) and Chevy Chase, who was a contestant and a correct response in SNL's original Jeopardy! 1999 parody.

Everyone else is questionable; Stephanie Zimbalist (Remington Steele), Sigourney Weaver, Matt Damon, and Paul Hogan (unless our Aussie friends know different.)   I'm pretty sure I can rule out Juan Peron and the author of the Goosebumps books...

Esoteric Eric, who had to be reminded by this board that his late mom shared her exact birthday with Nipsey Russell
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 07:59:58 AM by Esoteric Eric »
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

sshuffield70

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 09:43:00 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowsteve\' date=\'Oct 18 2004, 05:38 AM\']July 18 - Audrey Landers and TV Geek/all-around nice guy Paul Goebel. ;)
[snapback]61198[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep, me too.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 10:29:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' date=\'Oct 18 2004, 05:44 AM\']This really doesn't count, but Pat Sajak's birthday (oct. 26) is a day before mine (oct. 27)...

...but I share the birthday with John Cleese and Theodore Roosevelt.
[snapback]61199[/snapback]
[/quote]
You also share a birthday with me.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 12:16:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Oct 18 2004, 04:33 AM\']Weird Al Yankovic- He "Lost on Jeopardy!" but he did win Wheel of Fortune.
[snapback]61196[/snapback]
[/quote]
He also won on Family Double Dare.

Alas, after looking up March 18 on Famous Birthdays (link corrected), I don't see any gs personalities among the likes of Bonnie Blair, George Plimpton, Queen Latifah, and Grover Cleveland (I'd be really surprised if he appeared on a game show!).  Maybe Peter Graves or Vanessa Williams were appeared on a gs at some point (and didn't Edward Everett Horton appear on HSq in the '60s?), but the closest I can think of is Wilson Pickett or Irene Cara possibly mentioned on Rock and Roll Jeopardy!.

ObGS: The next time March 18 rolls around, I will officially be a senior, at least by Trivia Trap's definition.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 12:18:15 PM by GS Warehouse »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 12:51:48 PM »
11/11, which means I share a birthday with Jim Perry and Marc Summers.

And Jason W., Vanessa Williams did appear on HP in 1984 (at least there's a picture of her and Steve Yeager in the EOTVGS3 on the set)--although why she only had one "s" in her first name at the time is a ponderable question.

Doug
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 03:46:30 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 03:02:39 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Oct 18 2004, 11:16 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Oct 18 2004, 04:33 AM\']Weird Al Yankovic- He "Lost on Jeopardy!" but he did win Wheel of Fortune.
[snapback]61196[/snapback]
[/quote]
He also won on Family Double Dare.

Alas, after looking up March 18 on Famous Birthdays (link corrected), I don't see any gs personalities among the likes of Bonnie Blair, George Plimpton, Queen Latifah, and Grover Cleveland (I'd be really surprised if he appeared on a game show!).  

[snapback]61221[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wasn't Plimpton a panelist on "Whodunit?"  Seems to me...

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 03:24:14 PM »
Since I'd better not get caught checking on company time, if I throw out my three big names, someone's bound to know what they've been on (and I can't help but think they would be What's My Line mystery guests or IGAS celebrity guests) - so here goes...

Sept 5th -
Carol Lawrence
Raquel Welch
and Bob Newhart
Thanks!

SamJ93

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 03:35:57 PM »
September 3-Kitty Carlisle!  I would wager a guess that Eileen Brennan and/or Alan Ladd had to have made a few GS appearances here and there as well.  Not too bad, regardless.

--Sam
(I highly doubt Charlie Sheen has ever been on a game show, on the other hand...)
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!