Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 5 more questions-  (Read 1631 times)

urbanpreppie05

5 more questions-
« on: July 15, 2004, 10:00:15 PM »
1. Discuss your thoughts on Where in the world is carmen sandiego-Loved it or hated it?

2. What's the worst prize you've ever seen on...The Price is Right?

3. Was it true that they thought of making a new Match Game in the 80s?

4. What were the details of the Card Sharks 96' pilot?

5. Discuss your thoughts on To Tell The Truth....1980- Loved it, or hated it?
insert signature here

Jimmy Owen

5 more questions-
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 10:43:41 PM »
1) No Opinion. 2) One of those Muntz projection TVs with the three beams of light, etc... 3) Yes, I saw the trade ads. 4) Don't know. 5) I loved it, great mix of old and new faces and transformed from mod to disco. Great music and set, Alan Kalter fantastic. I just wish it would have had Bill, Peggy and Kitty together for at least one week.  Robin Ward a very good dancer.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
5 more questions-
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 11:16:59 PM »
1) It's been awhile, but the show was so entertaining as a kid, and my aunt, mother, everybody loved it - so it was always preferred in its time slot.

2) Hmmm. I think a complete living room set done in barrel motif (a chair was a half-barrel padded on the inside)

3) To support the last poster's answer, here is a link to a site for a lighting company that did work on it:

http://www.dpi-ld.com/Killingsworth/killingsworth.htm#games

They apparently did a TPIR pilot in 1983 too (same year given for MG). It may have been a syndie pair...and it would explain all the new TPIR music in 1983. (or not)

4) What I remember is that Tom Green of "Sports on Tap" hosted and a shell game/three card monte esque device was used in the game. Now two things that I don't recall, but can be added from the others: I think it was shot in Vegas and introduced the pyramid for the Money Cards.

5) TTTT 80 was decent. Had potential, but One-on-One cut too far into the traditional game, which was done very well BTW.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

HairMetalLives

5 more questions-
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2004, 12:55:30 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 07:00 PM\'] 1. Discuss your thoughts on Where in the world is carmen sandiego-Loved it or hated it?

5. Discuss your thoughts on To Tell The Truth....1980- Loved it, or hated it? [/quote]
 1) It was okay. I didn't hate it, but it's not one of my all time favorites.

2) Those attrocious electric cars that they give away now. I think they look like frogs.

3) No clue.

4) No clue.

5) Don't know.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
5 more questions-
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 02:23:16 AM »
1. Discuss your thoughts on Where in the world is carmen sandiego-Loved it or hated it?
The format was simplistic; and I enjoyed it in my youth.  Now that I'm older; I believe I would still watch it; however; I disagree with the 2nd round.
The Chevy Aveo. They look and sound like pieces of junk.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

J.R.

5 more questions-
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 03:37:29 AM »
1. It was the AWESOMEST show when I was a kid, it turned me on to a intellectual lifestyle. But having seeing it at the age of 19: Seems too cornball and cheesy, but Greg and Lynne were a great duo. Contesants seemed rather dim (And I can answer every single question correctly). And the bonus round is just too damn hard. Still a classic in my book.

2: Tie: 1972 Chevy Vega and 1989 Geo Metro. Such luxury !

3: Yeah, but the production company discovering Gene's true age killed it almost instantly.

4: Beats me.

5: Eh, I'm kinda middle-in-the-road on TTTT80. Not as fun as TTTT50s-70s and not as classy as TTTT90. Robin was just okay, but didn't seem really into the game. The format was cheep and strange. "One-on-One" seemed too creative, it was better implemented in 1990. The set and music is simply horrid, it looks more like a disco dance hall than a game show. Chuck Donnegan was right calling Alan Kalter a "DJ" for this show. I can see why Kitty was a no-show for this version

-Joe R.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2004, 03:38:57 AM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

Craig Karlberg

5 more questions-
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2004, 04:57:00 AM »
1.  WITWICS was a fun show to watch.  Learning geography was really the main goal of that show.  My favoritte part is the bonus round where they had to place those markers on the correct location.  Its spinoffWITICS wasn't that bad, but its bonus round was ATROCIOUSLY hard.  I don't remember seeing it won all that often.

2,  Worst prize?  Hmmm.  I saw a $300 dog house on it not too long ago.  Who'd want that when they can get their own for their dogs or even build one.  Also, the sittingprettykitty.com cat tower(though I haven't seen it yet) ranks right up there as well as a $583 floor screen(what a tacky looking one at that).

No comment on the others.

DrBear

5 more questions-
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2004, 08:51:43 AM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' date=\'Jul 15 2004, 08:00 PM\'] 1. Discuss your thoughts on Where in the world is carmen sandiego-Loved it or hated it?

5. Discuss your thoughts on To Tell The Truth....1980- Loved it, or hated it? [/quote]
 1. Liked it, didn't make an effort to see it but liked it when I did, especially Rockapella (a very different sound for a show) and Lynne Thigpen's Chief. I'm not a big fan of games for kids, tho.

2. Probably the subpoena.

3. Darned if I know.

4. Ditto.

5. TTTT may be my favorite ever, and this wasn't that bad. Ward was too bland a host (especially after the gregarious Moore/Garagiola) and they never kept one panel together for chemistry, but the set was cool if dated now.
Put the 80s panelists (without as much show to show turnover) with Gordon Elliott and the 90s set and it might have been very good.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

MCArroyo1

5 more questions-
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2004, 09:11:18 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 02:37 AM\'] 5: Eh, I'm kinda middle-in-the-road on TTTT80. Not as fun as TTTT50s-70s and not as classy as TTTT90. Robin was just okay, but didn't seem really into the game. The format was cheep and strange. "One-on-One" seemed too creative, it was better implemented in 1990. The set and music is simply horrid, it looks more like a disco dance hall than a game show. Chuck Donnegan was right calling Alan Kalter a "DJ" for this show. I can see why Kitty was a no-show for this version [/quote]
 If I may quote from Marshall Akers' site:

"Soupy Sales clocked in most often (21 weeks), followed by Kitty Carlisle (17)"

zachhoran

5 more questions-
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2004, 09:12:33 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 07:51 AM\'] 1. Discuss your thoughts on Where in the world is carmen sandiego-Loved it or hated it?

[/quote]
 1. One of the best of the game shows for the younger set, save for the bonus round being quite difficult to win, even if only one mistake was made.

2. The Dog-On Good old-fashioned gas pump comes to mind(a similar gas pump was seen as a Zonk on LMAD84). Grandfather clocks suck for the college crowd that inundates the show these days, but that's their tax burden :)

Brandon Brooks

5 more questions-
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2004, 09:40:41 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jul 16 2004, 07:51 AM\'] 2. Probably the subpoena. [/quote]
 We've got a winner!

Brandon Brooks