Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Randy & the Gang. What's the scoop for AC TPIR?  (Read 3946 times)

cmjb13

Randy & the Gang. What's the scoop for AC TPIR?
« on: June 16, 2004, 06:06:34 PM »
Ticketmaster has them on sale. I'd suggest calling for single tickets as some front rows are available.

So when is Randy confirmed announcing and is anybody else going?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 06:33:31 PM »
Soon as we can agree on a date, I'd love to meet up with some of the folks here... hopefully a Friday or Sunday night so I don't have to take *too* much time off from work. :-)

goongas

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 06:57:51 PM »
I would like to go as well.  Friday would probably work best, although I am open to any night.

tvrandywest

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 02:06 PM\'] Ticketmaster has them on sale. I'd suggest calling for single tickets as some front rows are available.

So when is Randy confirmed announcing and is anybody else going? [/quote]
 While everything is subject to change, it looks like Todd Newton and I will open the AC show on July 12th. Right now we're planning on both being in AC until somewhere around July 23rd. Todd and I will then open the San Diego show together on or around the 29th. One or both of us will probably return to AC in late August. NOTE: The AC show is scheduled for Sunday thru Friday nights - dark on Saturdays.

Confirmed details as they become available from the Freemantle newsroom.

Come On Down!   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

dzinkin

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 07:46:51 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 07:42 PM\'] While everything is subject to change, it looks like Todd Newton and I will open the AC show on July 12th. Right now we're planning on both being in AC until somewhere around July 23rd. Todd and I will then open the San Diego show together on or around the 29th. One or both of us will probably return to AC in late August. NOTE: The AC show is scheduled for Sunday thru Friday nights - dark on Saturdays. [/quote]
 With that information, I'm going to suggest July 16th (Friday) as my first choice, with July 18th as a second.  I predict that I'll probably be the only one -- or at least one of the few -- flying in as opposed to driving or taking a train, so other days would be difficult for me.  Thoughts?

goongas

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 07:48:24 PM »
July 16th is fine for me.

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 07:59:26 PM »
Seems like the 16th is the only way to go.

Too bad they are dark on Saturday as I would have like to hit 2 shows in a row. Can't do Sunday have to work the next day as I'm sure most of you have to as well.

Now that a date is chosen, any place/time to meet up? (After the show or before the show)

Do they allow cameras?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 08:01:30 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

dzinkin

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 08:55:01 PM »
Well, I now know that three of us have ordered tickets... should be a fun night!  As to where to meet up, I'll defer to the others -- I know NYC fairly well but AC's new territory for me.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 08:55:38 PM by dzinkin »

cmjb13

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 09:07:56 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 08:55 PM\'] Well, I now know that three of us have ordered tickets... should be a fun night!  As to where to meet up, I'll defer to the others -- I know NYC fairly well but AC's new territory for me. [/quote]
 Actually I haven't ordered mine, but will do so tomorrow.

Any idea where you are seated?

I think meeting time really depends. I'll be driving straight from work arriving hopefully about 1 hour before showtime. Others might be there the whole day.

zachhoran

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 09:09:15 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 07:55 PM\'] Well, I now know that three of us have ordered tickets... should be a fun night!  As to where to meet up, I'll defer to the others -- I know NYC fairly well but AC's new territory for me. [/quote]
 Hard ROck Cafe is at the Taj Mahal within blocks of Showboat, you could all meet there. As for the SHowboat, not as familiar with what's there. Planet Hollywood is at Caesar's, though a trip down the boardwalk from the Showboat. I'm in Margate but that's 20 mins. from AC. I'd play nice with a couple of you and host  you on my couches, but I work the whole day on Sat. and Sun.

cmjb13

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2004, 09:16:01 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 09:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 07:55 PM\'] Well, I now know that three of us have ordered tickets... should be a fun night!  As to where to meet up, I'll defer to the others -- I know NYC fairly well but AC's new territory for me. [/quote]
Hard ROck Cafe is at the Taj Mahal within blocks of Showboat, you could all meet there. As for the SHowboat, not as familiar with what's there. Planet Hollywood is at Caesar's, though a trip down the boardwalk from the Showboat. I'm in Margate but that's 20 mins. from AC. I'd play nice with a couple of you and host  you on my couches, but I work the whole day on Sat. and Sun. [/quote]
 We can agree on a meeting time and location as the date approaches.

I would also suggest a list at some point of people's name's who are going.

I would feel odd saying: Excuse me, are you Mr. Goongas?

dzinkin

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2004, 09:17:45 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 09:07 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 08:55 PM\'] Well, I now know that three of us have ordered tickets... should be a fun night!  As to where to meet up, I'll defer to the others -- I know NYC fairly well but AC's new territory for me. [/quote]

I think meeting time really depends. I'll be driving straight from work arriving hopefully about 1 hour before showtime. Others might be there the whole day. [/quote]
Between Messrs. Panchenko (goongas) and Donegan and myself, we have Section 2, Row F, seats 29 to 31.  I'll be flying into JFK sometime Friday morning.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 09:18:18 PM by dzinkin »

zachhoran

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004, 09:27:39 PM »
I'll certainly try to hit a couple of tapings over the eight weeks, seeing I live near there. But would us knowing Mr. West, albeit mostly through ATGS and here, make us ineligible for being on the show?

cmjb13

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004, 09:30:18 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 09:17 PM\'] [quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 09:07 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 08:55 PM\'] Well, I now know that three of us have ordered tickets... should be a fun night!  As to where to meet up, I'll defer to the others -- I know NYC fairly well but AC's new territory for me. [/quote]

I think meeting time really depends. I'll be driving straight from work arriving hopefully about 1 hour before showtime. Others might be there the whole day. [/quote]
Between Messrs. Panchenko (goongas) and Donegan and myself, we have Section 2, Row F, seats 29 to 31.  I'll be flying into JFK sometime Friday morning. [/quote]
 Just ordered seat 32 for that row.

Decided to pass on front row.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 10:17:55 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jun 16 2004, 09:27 PM\'] I'll certainly try to hit a couple of tapings over the eight weeks, seeing I live near there. But would us knowing Mr. West, albeit mostly through ATGS and here, make us ineligible for being on the show? [/quote]
From having that conversation with Randy in the past, since the selection process is "random," I'm 99% sure that you are eligible any time you pay for a ticket.  If you happened to be a guest of the Producer, you would remain ineligible ONLY for that particular show.

Buy a ticket = Eligible.  Randy can confirm, I'm sure.

Unfortunately the weekend of the 16th is mine to work, so I won't be able to join ya'll.  I will venture down to take a gander at the show, so if another trip is in order, let me know.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2004, 10:19:39 PM by ClockGameJohn »