Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: This Week's Game Show Milestone  (Read 2210 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
This Week's Game Show Milestone
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 09:57:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 8 2004, 08:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Jun 8 2004, 06:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'AH3RD\' date=\'Jun 7 2004, 09:31 AM\'] One of the worst game show tragedies in history occurred: the untimely death of famed Password emcee Allen Ludden, at the age of 61.
 [/quote]
In history? Not really.
Besides, a certain member of this board would surely disagree with these sentiments. [/quote]
Or maybe not. You might not like someone, you might have difficulty working with them, but you don't wish DEATH on them. Painful rectal itch, maybe, but not death. [/quote]
 Which wasn't what I was implying, or at least I hope not.  I was just saying that Chris probably wouldn't agree with the "charming, witty"...etc. part of this post.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

rugrats1

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 10:00:27 PM »
He also did a commercial for a bank

I think Allen did several commercials for businesses nationwide -- when I was a kid, I think he was a voiceover in commercials for Federals, a defunct discounter in Michigan. I don't think he appeared, but I could rdcognise his voice.

Someone here mentioned that Allen also hosted a game show for the Massachusetts state lottery in 1976, after Password left ABC.

kurtinrod62

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 04:03:17 PM »
Wasn't he also the announcer on Ms. White's 1971 syndicated show "The Pet Set"? I'm sure he also voiced the promos for it as well.