Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What the Blank?  (Read 2692 times)

Timsterino

What the Blank?
« on: May 07, 2004, 01:30:12 AM »
Apparently there is another Match Game re-work in the works called "What the Blank?". Apparently our own Randy West is announcing. Go Randy!

http://www.gsn.com/buzz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70999

I can't wait for more details.

Tim :-)

Craig Karlberg

What the Blank?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 04:34:07 AM »
The first thing I would've said upon reading the title is WTF???

Also, what in blueberry pie is Fox doing picking this one up?

I smell ratings disaster already here.

whewfan

What the Blank?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 05:28:39 AM »
Though the show may be inspired by Match Game, they're calling it WHAT THE BLANK for a reason.... it's not going to be the Match Game we all know and love, but the element of filling in a blank and trying to match the stars remains.

The description of what I've read of the premise made me think of Card Sharks 01... video clips that ask questions (shudders)

It IS Fox.... and Fox will air ANYTHING.

ClockGameJohn

What the Blank?
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 06:03:34 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'May 7 2004, 04:28 AM\'] It IS Fox.... and Fox will air ANYTHING. [/quote]
Hmm.  Fremantle gives Fox American Idol.  Fremantle pitches another show for Fox.  Think Fox is interested?  ;-)

Give it a shot...man, everyone is head hunting this one!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 06:03:54 AM by ClockGameJohn »

uncamark

What the Blank?
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 04:24:55 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'May 7 2004, 05:03 AM\'][quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'May 7 2004, 04:28 AM\'] It IS Fox.... and Fox will air ANYTHING. [/quote]
Hmm.  Fremantle gives Fox American Idol.  Fremantle pitches another show for Fox.  Think Fox is interested?  ;-)[/quote]
And don't forget "The Swan" (although many of us would like to).

Chelsea Thrasher

What the Blank?
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 04:39:46 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'May 7 2004, 05:03 AM\'] [quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'May 7 2004, 04:28 AM\'] It IS Fox.... and Fox will air ANYTHING. [/quote]
Hmm.  Fremantle gives Fox American Idol.  Fremantle pitches another show for Fox.  Think Fox is interested?  ;-)

Give it a shot...man, everyone is head hunting this one! [/quote]
 Big Deal (1996?)

Remake of a Classic Game.   Used similar concept, didn't use original title.  Ratings Sucked.

There's precedent.   And don't forget the CS '01-style clips.

sshuffield70

What the Blank?
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 05:00:19 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 7 2004, 03:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'May 7 2004, 05:03 AM\'][quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'May 7 2004, 04:28 AM\'] It IS Fox.... and Fox will air ANYTHING. [/quote]
Hmm.  Fremantle gives Fox American Idol.  Fremantle pitches another show for Fox.  Think Fox is interested?  ;-)[/quote]
And don't forget "The Swan" (although many of us would like to). [/quote]
 Believe it or not, I actually like it.

Jimmy Owen

What the Blank?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 05:01:32 PM »
Hopefully, they'll use fresh "chip clips"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Timsterino

What the Blank?
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 05:51:07 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'May 7 2004, 05:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 7 2004, 03:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'May 7 2004, 05:03 AM\'][quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'May 7 2004, 04:28 AM\'] It IS Fox.... and Fox will air ANYTHING. [/quote]
And don't forget "The Swan" (although many of us would like to). [/quote]
Believe it or not, I actually like it. [/quote]
 So do I. :-)

Tim :-)

JMFabiano

What the Blank?
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 06:41:12 PM »
So this is A) meant to be a sequel to MG?  And B) The 'Manglers are behind it too?  Oh boy......come back, Judy, all is forgiven!  

Well, at least they must have tons of "dilemma" videos left over from CS2001...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 06:43:12 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

tvwxman

What the Blank?
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 08:32:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'May 7 2004, 04:51 PM\']
And don't forget "The Swan" (although many of us would like to). [/QUOTE]
Believe it or not, I actually like it. [/QUOTE]

Tim :-) [/quote]
 From a psychological point of view, i'm not crazy about it.....but it's typical Fox programming, and the ratings have been solid enough for another season to be ordered...

At least they didn't hire Lorenzo Lamas and that silly laser pointer.... We're proud of that shining display of tv here at ABC...

Matt
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

sshuffield70

What the Blank?
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 09:30:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 7 2004, 07:32 PM\'] [quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'May 7 2004, 04:51 PM\']
And don't forget "The Swan" (although many of us would like to). [/QUOTE]
Believe it or not, I actually like it. [/QUOTE]

Tim :-) [/QUOTE]
From a psychological point of view, i'm not crazy about it.....but it's typical Fox programming, and the ratings have been solid enough for another season to be ordered...

At least they didn't hire Lorenzo Lamas and that silly laser pointer.... We're proud of that shining display of tv here at ABC...

Matt [/quote]
 I dunno.  But I seriously doubt the laser pointer will be used on the pageant episode in about three weeks.  (Reminder:  Eps 6 and 7 are on Monday).

uncamark

What the Blank?
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2004, 08:35:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 7 2004, 07:32 PM\']From a psychological point of view, i'm not crazy about it.....but it's typical Fox programming, and the ratings have been solid enough for another season to be ordered...[/quote]

Of course, as anyone else noticed that if Amanda Byram were a contestant, the panel of plastic surgeons would be getting rid of the mole on her face immediately?

Finally--something to make us forget "The San Pedro Beach Bums"...

Jay Temple

What the Blank?
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2004, 11:01:56 PM »
And I thought I was the only person left who remembered it.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Don Howard

What the Blank?
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 11:08:16 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 9 2004, 07:35 PM\'] [quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'May 7 2004, 07:32 PM\']From a psychological point of view, i'm not crazy about it.....but it's typical Fox programming, and the ratings have been solid enough for another season to be ordered...[/quote]

Of course, as anyone else noticed that if Amanda Byram were a contestant, the panel of plastic surgeons would be getting rid of the mole on her face immediately?

Finally--something to make us forget "The San Pedro Beach Bums"... [/quote]
 The San Pedro Beach Bums helped me forget Mr. T and Tina.