Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud Season 26  (Read 1452 times)

SamPrainito

Feud Season 26
« on: May 23, 2024, 05:21:01 PM »
Yesterday, Feud wrapped production on Season 26.  Meanwhile, Season 25 finished airing this week.

They tape around Steve's availability, but taping so far in advance raises an interesting question.

If (God forbid) something happens to Steve before the new season begins airing or even once it does, what would the syndicator do in that situation?  Would they still air all the shows, air them with a disclaimer, or scrap the entire season?

Wishing no ill will here.  Just surprised they're taping almost a year in advance.  A lot can happen in a year!

Thoughts?

Kevin Prather

Re: Feud Season 26
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2024, 05:54:38 PM »
Jeopardy episodes featuring Alex Trebek aired after his passing. Can't imagine why this would be any different.

Nick

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 07:08:56 PM »
Jeopardy episodes featuring Alex Trebek aired after his passing. Can't imagine why this would be any different.

As did Price after Johnny O's death.  This isn't uncharted territory (Now, perhaps there's a separate spinoff enumeration thread here on game shows that aired new episodes after so-and-so who appeared in them died).

So, when did taping of the forthcoming season start, and how many episodes are there in a Feud season now?  I'm curious to know just how quickly they raced to get it done.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2024, 07:13:58 PM »
I don't know how many episodes they do in a season, but at one point they taped them all in a summer to accommodate Steve's schedule. I believe this was when he had his talk show.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SuperSweeper

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 08:52:35 PM »
25 Words or Less also finished production on their upcoming season awhile back.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 11:33:11 AM »
The last thing they would do is scrap a season, or even part of one.  That's just financial foolishness.  You dedicate the season to his memory, or some such, but you honor your commitment.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Otm Shank

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 01:25:44 PM »
They could also go the Tupac route and drop new episodes over the next 10 years

rwalker

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 11:48:53 PM »
Didn't Charlie O have a couple weeks of Wof after he passed? And don't forget Ritter as the center square on h2.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2024, 07:43:41 AM »
Didn't Charlie O have a couple weeks of Wof after he passed?
That's...a bit complicated. Episodes originally aired before his death were reshown in the weekend feed (both in the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons) and during Summer 2011, but there were another eight weeks he'd announced which were scheduled to air at various points between November 2010 and March 2011; the episodes aired, but with Charlie dubbed over by the various guest/tryout announcers.

The show explained that it was "a tough decision, but it would have been too sad to hear Charlie's voice so close to his death".
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

joelvanderveen

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2024, 08:15:35 AM »
I recall reading that syndicated WML? episodes with Bennett Cerf continued to air in first run after his death, despite some protests from viewers who considered that to be in poor taste.

My thinking is as long as the Family Feud writers avoid topical subject matter in questions (which could be affected by subsequent news events), they'll probably be fine. Fortunately for them, euphemisms have no expiry date.

steveleb

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 07:21:38 PM »
Squares aired original syndicated episodes months after both Wally Cox and Cliff Arquette passed away.  And let’s not forget we have an entire channel dedicated to effectively Dead Emcees Society.