Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Buzzr Q2 2024  (Read 9746 times)

aaron sica

Re: Buzzr Q2 2024
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2024, 12:50:58 PM »
Indeed! There was one Saturday I recall in which they ran a 90 minute block from 10:30am-noon of Kennedy Price, Cullen Price and an hour-long Barker.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2024, 05:22:22 PM »
The keywords here being "to us". There's an older set of viewers out there who know how to access Buzzr, whether it be OTA or with their cable/satellite, but wouldn't know Hulu from Netflix. THESE are the people who will benefit from it.

This right here. My mom would LOVE Pluto. I tried getting them a Roku box and a year of Hulu one year for Christmas. COMPLETE non-starter. She's got a smart TV in the living room now, and I promise you she has not one damn clue how to use the apps. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2024, 11:32:22 PM »
Today, I would think the reason we haven't seen Davidson's version is the same reason no one has bothered to reair Chuck Henry's Now You See It or Michael Burger's Match Game: why bother when there's a better version that can be viewed instead?
I'll politely disagree that the 70s NYSI is better, host notwithstanding.  The first round format was tidier, the championship round was a nice diversion, and (IMO), the set was quite glitzy for daytime.

The keywords here being "to us". There's an older set of viewers out there who know how to access Buzzr, whether it be OTA or with their cable/satellite, but wouldn't know Hulu from Netflix. THESE are the people who will benefit from it.

This right here. My mom would LOVE Pluto. I tried getting them a Roku box and a year of Hulu one year for Christmas. COMPLETE non-starter. She's got a smart TV in the living room now, and I promise you she has not one damn clue how to use the apps. :)
I've tried to show Mom how to cast/stream a few times, but she seems content with whatever Mediacom offers.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any OTA BUZZR affiliates in Iowa.  She does watch quite a few of the ABC/NBC primetime game show offerings.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2024, 11:40:16 PM »

I got my mom into game shows as a kid, and before she cut the cord a few weeks ago she watched GSN every day. A couple years ago I bought her a smart TV for her birthday. She almost made me take it back but I managed to teach her how to use the thing. She’d probably love the various game channels on Pluto, but when we explained how the app works she got even more confused and said forget it.

And for that reason that I refused to get her a Firestick. :P

Next time I’ll tell the story of how she almost gave back her then-new 2015 car because it had a USB instead of a CD player.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

snowpeck

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2024, 12:50:56 PM »
Buzzr's promo for National Game Show Day:

Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2024, 02:32:37 AM »
Because there have been some crossed wires between the Buzzr and Pluto announcements, I checked Buzzr's schedule for Tuesday, May 28 (it is so weird to finally see Barker Price on there), and Buzzr will be starting at the beginning of season 13 with episode 5391D (originally aired September 10, 1983) at 3:00 p.m. Eastern/12:00 noon Pacific. 5392D airs at 4:00 p.m. Eastern/1:00 p.m. Pacific, and so on for those two hours every weekday. As is Buzzr tradition, the weekend airings simply repeat episodes that aired during the preceding weekdays.

Note that the new-to-Pluto episodes will be airing at 2:00 p.m. Eastern/11:00 a.m. Pacific and 3:00 p.m. Eastern/12:00 noon Pacific, creating overlap. Of course, if you know how to access the Pluto channel, then you've probably already seen the episodes that are airing on Buzzr.

tyshaun1

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2024, 08:34:14 AM »
Because there have been some crossed wires between the Buzzr and Pluto announcements, I checked Buzzr's schedule for Tuesday, May 28 (it is so weird to finally see Barker Price on there), and Buzzr will be starting at the beginning of season 13 with episode 5391D (originally aired September 10, 1983) at 3:00 p.m. Eastern/12:00 noon Pacific. 5392D airs at 4:00 p.m. Eastern/1:00 p.m. Pacific, and so on for those two hours every weekday. As is Buzzr tradition, the weekend airings simply repeat episodes that aired during the preceding weekdays.

Note that the new-to-Pluto episodes will be airing at 2:00 p.m. Eastern/11:00 a.m. Pacific and 3:00 p.m. Eastern/12:00 noon Pacific, creating overlap. Of course, if you know how to access the Pluto channel, then you've probably already seen the episodes that are airing on Buzzr.
To make room, Buzzr is dropping PYL, Super Password, Temptation, and 1 hour of Classic Concentration. Split Second and Let's Make a Deal run one hour earlier and $ale of the Century takes the 2pm slot before Price. They all run 7 days a week going forward.   

BillCullen1

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2024, 09:04:44 AM »

I'm surprised they're not running these episodes in prime time. They will attract viewers. But I guess we should be thankful that Buzzr is airing these at all.

aaron sica

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2024, 10:22:07 AM »
I'm surprised they're not running these episodes in prime time. They will attract viewers. But I guess we should be thankful that Buzzr is airing these at all.

I hadn't thought about that, but it's a very good point. I'd definitely be tuning in for 8pm Price.

Winkfan

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2024, 07:22:30 PM »
To make room, Buzzr is dropping PYL, Super Password, Temptation, and 1 hour of Classic Concentration. Split Second and Let's Make a Deal run one hour earlier and $ale of the Century takes the 2pm slot before Price. They all run 7 days a week going forward.

On the first two, I say BOOOOO!!!!!

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

BrandonFG

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2024, 08:23:21 PM »
Why the outrage? It's two shows that have aired more than enough times over the years, and have plenty of episodes on Youtube. I think it's okay to give them a bit of a break.

With all the reruns, I'd argue PYL could use an even longer break given it never really left the air since 1986.

/Minus a few years in the late-90s
//Just in case anyone decides to "Well Actually" me
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2024, 08:54:53 PM »
Outrage is an extreme reaction, but it's all a matter of perspective. I just now double-checked that Super Password would be completely off the schedule by the end of the month -- for a while a year or so ago, it felt like every time I turned on Buzzr, I'd see an episode of Super Password. So that show I personally won't miss.

Recently, Buzzr had been quietly airing "new" episodes of Press Your Luck on the weekends, which I had been enjoying. I didn't have GSN during its run there, so I haven't seen these later episodes since the USA Network days. I like seeing them intact and crystal clear, and I have no real interest in scouring YouTube for the VHS transfers and GSN'ed videos that have been uploaded.

I'm a little bummed that the show is taking a break, but this isn't the first time Buzzr has taken Press Your Luck off the schedule entirely, and I hope it'll be back soon enough.

BrandonFG

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2024, 08:56:37 PM »
Fair enough. Point taken.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2024, 09:24:51 PM »
I would understand were they Body Language and Double Dare or Treasure Hunt and The $20,000 Pyramid but honestly, that's a little excessive and over the top. Brandon is right. Ever since Fremantle started monetizing videos I imagine they've shown more leeway but I do know one channel got absolutely potatoed this week.
Travis L. Eberle

rwalker

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2024, 09:54:49 PM »
I would understand were they Body Language and Double Dare or Treasure Hunt and The $20,000 Pyramid but honestly, that's a little excessive and over the top. Brandon is right. Ever since Fremantle started monetizing videos I imagine they've shown more leeway but I do know one channel got absolutely potatoed this week.

Has nothing to do with GT. He took the Sony gamble and lost. That's my final answer