Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Random commercial that's living rent-free in my head  (Read 6373 times)

BrandonFG

Random commercial that's living rent-free in my head
« on: August 25, 2023, 05:07:39 PM »
It's prolly been close to 35 years since I've seen this commercial, but why not.

Somewhere between 1988-90 - give or take a year - there was a long-distance commercial where a woman talks about being on a game show. The game show wasn't really a significant part of the ad, and I think her "consolation prize" was free long-distance service. I swear it was an AT&T ad but it might've been MCI. The only other thing I remember is that the "game show" portion was either black and white or a really dull blue tone (think CSI: NY). Me being a huge game show fan at the time, I was obsessed with the commercial.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I looked through Youtube commercial compilations, to no avail.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Re: Random commercial that's living rent-free in my head
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 12:47:16 AM »
I think I found your commercial:

I don’t know why the auto play isn’t showing up.  The voice sounds like Jim Perry, but it’s obviously not him in the commercial.

Edited to fix the link to embed the video. -knagl
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 03:07:17 PM by knagl »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Re: Random commercial that's living rent-free in my head
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 01:02:46 AM »
That's the one, thank you! Dunno what I searched for, but apparently it should've been simpler than I thought.

Thanks again.

/Gotta try explaining "$300 in Long Distance" to a teenager today
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!