Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.  (Read 109015 times)

BrandonFG

Re: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2024, 10:44:01 AM »
Barker episodes confirmed as coming to Buzzr. Vulture and Buzzerblog report 200 eps. from the 1984-85 season.

https://youtube.com/watch?si=PPPchIsCiEYk751r&v=nmDrpXtEPkU&feature=youtu.be

Can’t get the video to embed but that’s the link to the promo.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2024, 12:22:15 PM »
Kinda surprised by the Buzzr add of TPIR -  is buzzr behind the pluto channels? Seeing more of the same.....when i can see it non stop on another channel- doesn't sound terribly smart...but what do i know?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2024, 01:11:11 PM »
Kinda surprised by the Buzzr add of TPIR -  is buzzr behind the pluto channels?

Pretty sure they (rather, Fremantle) are. (same with the "Supermarket Sweep" Pluto channel)

I guess I would've rather seen a different selection of episodes on Buzzr, but it only makes sense for them to start with what's already digitized......also helps get the shows out there to those who don't watch/know about the Pluto channel, but do watch Buzzr (likely through more traditional means).
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

BrandonFG

« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2024, 01:18:38 PM »
Over the weekend I found out our local indie station now has Buzzr as a subchannel. For the cord cutters who are unaware of the TPiR channel, I could see this being great cross-promotion. "Love seeing old-school Price on Buzzr? Be sure to check out our Barker Era channel, with classic episodes dating back to 1972!"
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chargeradiocom

« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2024, 01:52:34 PM »
Kinda surprised by the Buzzr add of TPIR -  is buzzr behind the pluto channels? Seeing more of the same.....when i can see it non stop on another channel- doesn't sound terribly smart...but what do i know?
Two reasons it makes sense for them to do this:

1) Keep in mind that BUZZR is also a traditional network on Dish, cable, and over-the-air in some cities. And a lot of viewers on traditional platforms probably have no idea that Pluto TV, Freevee, etc. even exist. For those viewers, this will be their first chance to watch Barker TPIR in years. And,

2) Having arguably the biggest-name game show of all time on its schedule will look good to BUZZR’s prospective advertisers.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 02:36:19 PM by chargeradiocom »

TimK2003

« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2024, 05:34:41 PM »
Per the TPiRBarker twitter account:

"Celebrate #NationalGameShowDay with fresh episodes on The Price Is Right: The Barker Era! 🎉

48 new episodes from Season 14 will come to the channel starting May 28. Catch two hours daily from 2pm-4pm ET."

So we're getting to the last of Johnny Olson's episodes, and closer to the Rod Roddy episodes (but not quite yet?)....

Definitely.  I just saw a promo -- either on Buzzr or The Barker Channel -- touting Price coming to Buzzr next week.  And among the clips, it sure sounded like Gene Wood announcing a new car. 

IIRC, Gene was one of the first fill-ins after Johnny's passing.

chrisholland03

« Reply #291 on: May 22, 2024, 07:19:18 AM »
In before the first comment about how good/bad the guest announcers were.

snowpeck

« Reply #292 on: May 25, 2024, 08:56:41 PM »
The other Fremantle game show streaming channels will have fresh (or at least new to that particular channel) for a few weeks starting May 28th in honor of National Game Show Day as well. Family Feud Classic will have fresh episodes at noon Eastern (that have already aired on Buzzr), Supermarket Sweep will have fresh episodes at 4PM (again, that have already aired on Buzzr), Let's Make a Deal will have fresh episodes at 6PM and The Price is Right with Drew Carey will have fresh episodes at 8PM.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SamJ93

« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2024, 07:32:56 PM »
Good news--the 2nd of the new-to-the-Barker-Era-channel TPiR eps. today featured a playing of Bump, so apparently the moratorium on that pricing game has been lifted. It makes me wonder if Bob himself (or one of his people) originally requested that Fremantle not rerun them.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

BillCullen1

« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2024, 12:46:00 PM »
The first Barker era TPIR on Buzzr was the 13th season premiere. Mark Goodson gave Barker a $5,000 check for his animal organization. Good to see shows with Barker, his beauties and Johnny O back. This was probably my favorite era of TPIR.

BillCullen1

« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2024, 10:13:46 AM »
I saw the two eps of Buzzr's TPIR on Thursday, May 30. They had the debut of On The Nose, which was won (baseball was the sport). Also saw the retired Poker Game and Super Ball. I wish they would bring back the latter.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #296 on: June 03, 2024, 07:23:31 PM »
Good news--the 2nd of the new-to-the-Barker-Era-channel TPiR eps. today featured a playing of Bump, so apparently the moratorium on that pricing game has been lifted. It makes me wonder if Bob himself (or one of his people) originally requested that Fremantle not rerun them.

Out of curiosity, why would he?

nowhammies10

« Reply #297 on: June 05, 2024, 03:45:02 PM »
Out of curiosity, why would he?

"And the number one way to piss off Bob Barker... Ask him 'Hey, how's Dian?'"

Nick

« Reply #298 on: June 05, 2024, 08:44:58 PM »
"And the number one way to piss off Bob Barker... Ask him 'Hey, how's Dian?'"

Reference in case anyone needs it.

The caption says it was taped to a cabinet outside Barker's dressing room.  I wonder how in the world that ever got left there for as long as it did.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second