Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune in Ohio  (Read 4920 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« on: February 15, 2004, 07:41:38 PM »
While shopping this afternoon, I noticed a new Ohio Lottery scratch-off ticket, Wheel of Fortune.  This is the first game show-centric ticket put out by the Ohio Lottery.  The payoff on the ticket I bought wasn't bad at all.  I spent $2 and got back $10.

Here's the Ohio Lottery's page for the WoF instant ticket.  The lottery agent also had a promotional pamphlet with information about a second chance drawing.  A scan of the outside of the pamphlet is here and the inside is here.

The Ol' Guy

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 09:32:14 PM »
The Michigan Lottery also has a Wheel Of Fortune ticket. It isn't the first time there's been a game show connection with Michigan's lottery, but one of the early times it wasn't licensed. The state tried to pull a fast one with a The Joker's Wild and a Tic Tac Dough instant game many years ago. Didn't last long. I think B&E's lawyers got involved.

GSWitch

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 10:36:39 PM »
Wish they had that for the Texas Lottery.

I remember they once had a Treasure Hunt scratchoff game a long time ago (no relation of the Chuck Barris show) with a top prize of $25,000!

If I had bought that from a retailer, they'd probably say, "Sorry, this scratch-off's for female players only! (LOL)"

gshowman18

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 06:13:54 AM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 10:36 PM\']
If I had bought that from a retailer, they'd probably say, "Sorry, this scratch-off's for female players only! (LOL)" [/quote]
 Why do you post such sexist posts, GSWitch?

zachhoran

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2004, 08:47:24 AM »
[quote name=\'gshowman18\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 06:13 AM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 10:36 PM\']
If I had bought that from a retailer, they'd probably say, "Sorry, this scratch-off's for female players only! (LOL)" [/quote]
Why do you post such sexist posts, GSWitch? [/quote]
 GSwitch does post some bizarre things. But there's a joke in his "Treasure Hunt" and "only females can buy the ticket bit", as only ladies were contestants on that show(at least in the versions we're more familiar with)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2004, 02:19:06 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 06:47 AM\'] GSwitch does post some bizarre things. But there's a joke in his "Treasure Hunt" and "only females can buy the ticket bit", as only ladies were contestants on that show(at least in the versions we're more familiar with) [/quote]
 If only it were funny.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GSWitch

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004, 03:46:35 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 07:47 AM\'] [quote name=\'gshowman18\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 06:13 AM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 10:36 PM\']
GSwitch does post some bizarre things. But there's a joke in his "Treasure Hunt" and "only females can buy the ticket bit", as only ladies were contestants on that show(at least in the versions we're more familiar with) [/quote]
 Sorry for my stupid, witty, bizarre humor!  At least I wouldn't resort to dirty adjectives (profanity).

The only time gentlemen ever played Treasure Hunt was on the original 1950's version when Jan Murray owned & hosted the show.  The 1950's Treasure Hunt also had a quiz segment as well.  The game was played straightforward without the sketches.

Then 14 years later, Chuck Barris bought the rights from Jan Murray.  And then discontinued the quiz & male contestants (which is why TH's The Game Show Witch of the East)!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 01:40:24 AM »
[quote name=\'gshowman18\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 06:13 AM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 15 2004, 10:36 PM\']
 He has a thing against shows such as "Just Men" and "Treasure Hunt" for allegedly practice gender discrimination.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

TonicBH

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 08:33:08 AM »
They had a WOF game for the Oregon Lottery, but it was less of a play-along-at-home game and more of a simple money game.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

GSWitch

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 09:21:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 12:40 AM\'] He has a thing against shows such as "Just Men" and "Treasure Hunt" for allegedly practice gender discrimination. [/quote]
And I would hate to see those shows merge!

David Ruprecht would be perfect for Treasure Hunt while for Just Men!...Jane Kaczmarek!!!

WITCH:  (Looking @ herself with hand mirror)  That would be a beautiful idea.  I look gorgeous, don't I?

(Hand mirror brakes)

WITCH:  I knew I shouldn't have borrowed that from Witchiepoo!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 09:23:46 PM by GSWitch »

JayC

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 10:27:18 PM »
NJ lottery had a Wheel game years ago.  The winner had to be the contestant color your card had.  If you won you got a tee-shirt.  I won, but never got a tee-shirt.

gameshowguy2000

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 10:56:46 PM »
Oh, speaking of WOF Lottery tickets, I found a page that descrives those tickets, promotions, and some miscellaneous stuff.

http://www.mdientertainment.com/cmp/wof_tickets.html

BrandonFG

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 11:08:57 AM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 10:27 PM\'] NJ lottery had a Wheel game years ago.  The winner had to be the contestant color your card had.  If you won you got a tee-shirt.  I won, but never got a tee-shirt. [/quote]
That's the way Virginia did theirs, but I don't think it was for a T-shirt. I don't know why, but for some strange reason, I have a feeling that Wheel lottery ticket winners *might* have had the chance to become a contestant.

It's been 6 years since we had a Wheel ticket, so my memory is very hazy.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

gshowman18

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 12:56:46 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 16 2004, 03:46 PM\'] (which is why TH's The Game Show Witch of the East)! [/quote]
 Does that make you the 'tard of the Invision Game Show Boards, GSWitch?

DrBear

Wheel of Fortune in Ohio
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 02:47:17 PM »
Y'know, we're treading dangerously close to a.t.g.s. territory here....let's all pull back, and if something isn't aimed directly at you and it bothers you, just ignore it, OK?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.