Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Fear Factor" reruns go to FX  (Read 3403 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
"Fear Factor" reruns go to FX
« on: February 09, 2004, 12:33:14 PM »
"Fear factor" will run as a daily strip on FX, starting this fall, according to Broadcasting & Cable.

You just know if GSN had snaged the rights, it'd be on four times a day.

-C!
@lambertman

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 12:35:06 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 10:33 AM\'] "Fear factor" will run as a daily strip on FX, starting this fall, according to Broadcasting & Cable.
 [/quote]
 Rogan must be laughing all the way to the bank. It's amazing how one minute he can be totally crushing his contestants in an interview or during his standup act, and the next he's cheering them on to drink a blowfish smoothie.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Mario500

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 12:40:05 PM »
Amazing, an NBC show on a FOX-owned channel! Should have been Bravo, another NBC-on-cable channel. We'll see if this works, maybe.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 12:42:27 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 12:33 PM\']"Fear factor" will run as a daily strip on FX, starting this fall, according to Broadcasting & Cable.

You just know if GSN had snaged the rights, it'd be on four times a day. [/quote]
Considering that USA was also bidding for the show, I'm not that surprised that GSN didn't get it.  With their smaller audience base, they might've had to share it with another channel, the way TNT and Court TV share "NYPD Blue" and Oxygen and Nick at Nite share "Roseanne."

I have the feeling that there will now be an announcement of Tribune Broadcasting stations buying the show--like other off-network hours, it will probably air only weekends on broadcast, with FX having weekday exclusivity.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 12:51:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 12:40 PM\']Amazing, an NBC show on a FOX-owned channel! Should have been Bravo, another NBC-on-cable channel. We'll see if this works, maybe.[/quote]
Is NBC actually involved in the production of Fear Factor?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

CaseyAbell

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 11:22:36 AM »
Considering that USA was also bidding for the show, I'm not that surprised that GSN didn't get it.
Yep, GSN can probably afford only second-tier reality shows like The Mole. On the other hand, they face very little competition from other cablers for traditional, in-studio game shows. That's why they could snag Millionaire.

Incidentally, some GSN promos for the BIG NEW CHANGES on March 15 are now featuring, you guessed it, the Regic epic. Kinda funny to see such an ultra-traditional quizzer advertised as part of a WHOLE NEW NETWORK. Lingo and Weakest Link also show up in the promo, which may be designed to reassure the fan base that GSN won't abandon traditional gamers.

weaklink75

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 12:31:48 PM »
I'm actually suprised that FX got it. Since NBC's syndication unit was running the sale, I would have thought USA, which is going to become a unit of NBC once the Universal deal with NBC goes through, had the inside track. I hear they got $30 million for for 4 years.

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 03:24:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Feb 10 2004, 12:51 AM\'][quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 12:40 PM\']Amazing, an NBC show on a FOX-owned channel! Should have been Bravo, another NBC-on-cable channel. We'll see if this works, maybe.[/quote]
Is NBC actually involved in the production of Fear Factor?[/quote]
NBC Enterprises owns the syndication rights for the U.S. version of "Fear Factor."  They purchased them from Endemol a few months ago.

More importantly, unlike most of the broadcast networks, they actually own unscripted formats and have had success selling the "Meet My Folks" and "Queer Eye" formats overseas.  I have the feeling they'll get the format rights to "The Apprentice" and have hopes that the format will be a monster overseas.