Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's the Good Word? (CTV 1972-1976)  (Read 2199 times)

Argo

What's the Good Word? (CTV 1972-1976)
« on: September 15, 2017, 09:16:28 PM »
A friend of mine and I were discussing classic tv shows today, and he stumped me with the Canadian game show "What's the Good Word". I haven't seen or heard anything about this show before, but there is a wiki which is helpful. Does anyone have any more info about the series or photos/videos?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_the_Good_Word%3F

Thanks

mbclev

Re: What's the Good Word? (CTV 1972-1976)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 02:52:50 AM »
In this game, three teams of two players each competed.  The objective was to identify something from a list of clues as quickly as possible.  If a team knew what the correct answer was, they could signal and write down their answer.  If the team was correct, they scored one point for every clue that was revealed (with a maximum of ten per item).  If incorrect, the team scored 11 points.  If two or more teams rang in on the same clue, host John Barton would say the order in which the teams signaled, then if the first team got it right, they received one point per revealed clue; the second team, if right, would get that same value plus one more point (if the third team rang in on the same clue and were right, they got that same value plus two points).  If two teams got it right on the same clue, the third team would have to wait for two more clues to be revealed before ringing in (they could give their answer verbally at that point).  Whoever had the least amount of points when time ran out won the game and played a bonus round similar to the main game.

The show was a Bunker Hill Production for BCTV (British Columbia's chain of CTV network stations).