Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Win Cue  (Read 9603 times)

gamed121683

Best Win Cue
« on: January 07, 2017, 12:17:22 AM »
Let me start up another silly "Barroom Argument" style question: What do you think was the best game show win cue (or music) of all time? My vote would go to the main game win cue on "Password Plus", but I would give honorable mention to the main game win cue from "Play The Percentages". What can I say? I'm a sucker for the brass.

OK, you're turn! What's your favorite?

BrandonFG

Re: Best Win Cue
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:14:02 AM »
Going with Perry's $ale. Those three notes are so simple but bombastic, esp. with the tympani pounding in the background.

Honorable mention: Wink's TTD.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 01:36:39 AM »
Not sure what makes it a bar room argument as lots of people are going to have their favorites.

Just because, I'm going to go with the "you've won!" spoken word bit from Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?.
Travis L. Eberle

Chief-O

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »
"$ale" lot win. The end.
.....and it goes like this!!!

jmangin

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 10:33:37 AM »
Some of my fav game wins include: Hit Man, H2 version of Hollywood Squares, Password Plus, Cashword win for Super Password, and Whew!. For bonus wins: Monty's Beat the Clock, Perry's Card Sharks, Classic Concentration, Make the Grade, and Now You See It.

For best win cues overall I'd have to go with a tie between Tic Tac Dough and $ale, though.

TimK2003

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 10:47:08 AM »
My favorite win cue is the theme from "Whew" when the Gauntlet is run.  Sure it's the main theme extended, but with all the flashing lights and the contestants going apes**t winning $25K, it matches the mood perfectly.

I also liked the win cue from Your Number's Up.

danderson

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 11:33:34 AM »
Going with Perry's $ale. Those three notes are so simple but bombastic, esp. with the tympani pounding in the background.

Honorable mention: Wink's TTD.

Have to agree. those three notes are my favorite cue on *any* show. WOF aslo had a good cue for when the puzle was sloved too, IMHO.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:10:20 PM by danderson »

Kevin Prather

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 02:33:45 PM »
I'll put in a good word for WWTBAM's million win cue, especially when it was extended in '01.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »
Who was the first winner who got the loop version?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 05:54:25 PM »
It's too bad we haven't gotten to hear the new million dollar winner cue on Millionaire yet but I think, with the new musical package, it's better than the old one.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Kevin Prather

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 11:21:04 PM »
Who was the first winner who got the loop version?

Kevin Olmstead, first winner after the drought.

WhammyPower

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 09:43:41 AM »
Personally, I'm a really big fan of the win cue after the Temple Run on LotHT.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 12:39:38 PM »
It's too bad we haven't gotten to hear the new million dollar winner cue on Millionaire yet but I think, with the new musical package, it's better than the old one.
Millionaire used to release iOS versions of the game- the final version was from the first Shuffle season, and IIRC, the win cue, like the previous, was the main bars of the theme followed by a trumpet crescendo.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 02:49:12 PM »
What can I say? I'm a sucker for the brass.
In that case, I think mention needs to be made of Blockbusters win cue with the trumpets to start.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

tvmitch

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 09:23:09 PM »
An obscure one, but I really like the low drums in the later Monty Hall BtC stunt win cues.
You should follow me on Twitter