Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC bringing back Match Game  (Read 96159 times)

MYosua

Re: ABC bringing back Match Game
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2016, 09:47:08 AM »
I haven't received an e-mail about it yet, but I happened to check the OCA website this morning and saw that the tickets for the tapings on the 29th and 30th are now available.  There are 3 tapings on both days.  I will be there with my brother for all tapings on the 29th as well as the first on the 30th... I'm looking forward to the experience!

daveromanjr

« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2016, 11:33:53 AM »
I'm going to try to go to the tapings next week.  I see the first taping on Wednesday is for General Tickets but the rest are priority.  I may do the 2nd and 3rd tapings on Wednesday and then all tapings Thursday.

MYosua

« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2016, 11:59:42 AM »
I'm going to try to go to the tapings next week.  I see the first taping on Wednesday is for General Tickets but the rest are priority.  I may do the 2nd and 3rd tapings on Wednesday and then all tapings Thursday.
For what it's worth, when the tickets generated for the first taping on Wednesday for me, they were listed as "Priority," even though (as you mentioned) they are listed on the site as "General"...

BillCullen1

« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2016, 12:10:30 PM »
I got tix for Wednesday and Thursday at 9 am. I figured those would be the easiest ones to get.

daveromanjr

« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2016, 12:50:05 PM »
When I called to check on the difference between General and Priority the lady said she wasn't sure if I'd be allowed to see more than 1 taping a day.  Huh?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2016, 01:47:05 PM »
When I called to check on the difference between General and Priority the lady said she wasn't sure if I'd be allowed to see more than 1 taping a day.  Huh?

If there is a demand for tickets, I can see them putting a limit on it so that as many people as possible get to see it as opposed to a few die-hard fans bogarting all of the tapings for themselves.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
Does anyone know if the panel has their boozy lunch before the 12:30 taping or the 3:00?

daveromanjr

« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2016, 02:49:40 PM »
Has anybody here gone to more than one taping a day?  If not I may just go to the 3PM taping each day.

Sodboy13

« Reply #113 on: June 22, 2016, 12:29:24 AM »
Does anyone know if the panel has their boozy lunch before the 12:30 taping or the 3:00?

Look, if you're not boozin' at breakfast, I don't think you're cut out for this game show business.

/a message from the National Booze Council
//who reminds you that booze really satisfies
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

rockinricky

« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2016, 12:47:34 PM »
I've read the whole thread and I haven't seen this mentioned or even asked.

Who is the announcer?

BillCullen1

« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2016, 11:10:28 PM »
Good question. There's a booming voice that brings out the celebs who take their seats before the taping begins. This same voice is heard announcing the celebs on the air. His name was never mentioned, and it's not the warmup guy.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2016, 11:32:11 PM »
I swear in one of the clips it sounds like Jeffrey Tambor.  I can't imagine he'd do it.  He's come a long way since that season of Hollywood Squares.  But it sounds like him.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2016, 11:36:57 AM »
The shows they're airing tonight (6/26) are the ones I saw in person. So they're apparently not going to mix the shows with different celebs. The same celebs are on for the entire hour.

rockinricky

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2016, 12:01:02 AM »
The announcer is Steve French, he's listed in the closing credits.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2016, 02:17:59 AM »
So the presentation wasn't bad, but the question writing was atrocious. Match Game is a format that is kinda dependent on good writing to set up the comedy.

I want to like it, but between that and the overcaffeinated contestants, I have concerns. Admittedly it's also following the utter brilliance that was Pyramid.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe