Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An idea for the J! Kids edition...  (Read 2109 times)

Kevin Prather

An idea for the J! Kids edition...
« on: January 15, 2004, 09:57:09 PM »
How about extending the kids week over a couple/few weeks, so kids can be returning champions? Would this be feasible?

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 09:57 PM\'] How about extending the kids week over a couple/few weeks, so kids can be returning champions? Would this be feasible? [/quote]
 Not too feasible. They could do a set-up like the TofC, but each quarter finals winner gets their cash. Those players and the four non-win high scores move to the semis. Semi winners get their cash. Finals is a two day affair, but only the winner gets to keep their cash.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 10:16:16 PM »
It's not as though the people who produce Jeopardy don't know how their own tournaments work.  They obviously decided that neither a tournament nor returning champions would be appropriate for their younger players.  *Could* they do it?  Heck, of course they could.  Clearly, they don't want to.  That's pretty much all that matters.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 12:33:02 AM »
More importantly--would it be tolerable? I'm bored to tears by J!'s Kids Weeks. Sorry, kids.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

inturnaround

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 12:39:09 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:33 AM\'] More importantly--would it be tolerable? I'm bored to tears by J!'s Kids Weeks. Sorry, kids. [/quote]
 I was going to say the same thing. I rarely watch the kids and when I do, Alex is usually gushing about how smart they are. If they were, then you don't need to gush, Trebek. We'd be able to see that for ourselves.

Dump kids week! If they want another tourney, they could do a themed questions tournament like all movies, all tv or all sports.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 01:08:48 AM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 10:39 PM\'] Dump kids week! If they want another tourney, they could do a themed questions tournament like all movies, all tv or all sports. [/quote]
 Or maybe all NASCAR or all wrestling.

Or maybe not.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe