Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Good Karna  (Read 12799 times)

tvrandywest

Good Karna
« on: January 13, 2004, 06:29:54 PM »
No surprise:
(From Electronic Media aka Television Week)

Tribune Entertainment Co. has given a "firm go" for a sixth season of game show strip "Family Feud," renewing the Richard Karn-hosted series in 60 percent of the country, including 25 of the top 30 markets.

Stations renewing the program include Fox Television Stations' WNYW-TV/New York (Fox), KDFW-TV/Dallas (Fox), WDCA-TV/Washington (UPN); Viacom's KCAL-TV/Los Angeles; Weigel's WCIU-TV/Chicago; BCI Communications' WGTW-TV/Philadelphia; Sunbeam's WHDH-TV/Boston (NBC); WSVN-TV/Miami (Fox); WOIO-TV/Cleveland (CBS); KOVR-TV/Sacramento, Calif., (CBS); KDNL-TV/St. Louis (ABC); and WPXI-TV/Pittsburgh (NBC), among others. Tribune Broadcasting stations renewing "Family Feud" include KHWB-TV/Houston (WB), and Fox affiliates KCPQ-TV/Seattle, WTIC-TV/Hartford, Conn. and WPMT-TV/Harrisburg, Pa.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

PeterMarshallFan

Good Karna
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 06:32:50 PM »
Thanks, Randy.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Good Karna
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 06:33:10 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 04:29 PM\'] Tribune Entertainment Co. has given a "firm go" [/quote]
 There's a joke about the National Anthem singer for the Philadelphia Flyers in here somewhere, but I'm afraid not enough people would get it to bother making it. So I won't. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Red

Good Karna
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 06:35:32 PM »
No Surprise here, I'm happy with this decision.
-Paul Ford

RedGiant@toonzone.net

MikeK

• Martha!
Good Karna
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 07:03:35 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 06:29 PM\'] Tribune Entertainment Co. has given a "firm go" for a sixth season of game show strip "Family Feud," renewing the Richard Karn-hosted series in 60 percent of the country, including 25 of the top 30 markets.

Stations renewing the program include WOIO-TV/Cleveland (CBS) [/quote]
 The Feud's going back to WOIO, its home for Louie's run?  It's currently on WKYC (NBC) at Noon and the double run ep. is on WVPX (PAX) at 7 PM.

WOIO needs some filler since its entire post-morning news, pre-TPiR lineup won't be around next season (Crossing Over and Wayne Brady).

zachhoran

Good Karna
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 07:22:34 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 06:29 PM\'] No surprise:
(From Electronic Media aka Television Week)

Tribune Entertainment Co. has given a "firm go" for a sixth season of game show strip "Family Feud," renewing the Richard Karn-hosted series in 60 percent of the country, including 25 of the top 30 markets.

[/quote]
 Go Feud!. One more renewal and it ties the length of the last Feud incarnation, and becomes the longest running new syndie game show since the last Feud incarnation.

joshg

Good Karna
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 07:22:55 PM »

Let's see they brought back classic scoring... for the sixth season, how about the 'Bullseye' round? What about the lucky lollipop trees?

J/K

JOSH
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

BrandonFG

Good Karna
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 07:31:02 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 07:22 PM\']

Let's see they brought back classic scoring... for the sixth season, how about the 'Bullseye' round? What about the lucky lollipop trees?
 [/quote]
 No, no, no...Richard needs to kiss the contestants, male and female. ;-)

Seriously, I'm happy to hear of Feud's renewal. Yes, I know, I'm the main one who always whines about how loud it is, but it's still a good game, and I'll take one of those wherever I can get one. So now, Louie has to eat his words (among other things--rimshot), as Karn will now match Louie's three-year tenure.

And now for a little ATGS retro from August 1999, a prediction poll of how long the current Feud would last...stop reading after post 7 :-P

http://tinyurl.com/3d8pn
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

Good Karna
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 07:36:34 PM »
[quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 07:22 PM\']

[/quote]
 The Bullseye round cut into the game too much. Mandel suggests on his webpage IIRC that a progression like the $otC Winner's Big MOney Game might work in Fast Money. The first crack is worth $10K, second crack $15K, third $20K, etc.

BrandonFG

Good Karna
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2004, 07:39:54 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 07:36 PM\'] [quote name=\'matchgame\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 07:22 PM\']

[/quote]
The Bullseye round cut into the game too much. Mandel suggests on his webpage IIRC that a progression like the $otC Winner's Big MOney Game might work in Fast Money. The first crack is worth $10K, second crack $15K, third $20K, etc. [/quote]
 I really think he meant that as a joke.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

gameshowguy2000

Good Karna
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 08:26:14 PM »
The only thing I'm hoping returns, is that the "Stolen Answer's Points added to bank" rule.

I mean, the "300 to win" rule is fine, just taking away the "Stolen Answer's Points added to bank" rule is not.

inturnaround

Good Karna
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 08:31:50 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 08:26 PM\'] The only thing I'm hoping returns, is that the "Stolen Answer's Points added to bank" rule.

I mean, the "300 to win" rule is fine, just taking away the "Stolen Answer's Points added to bank" rule is not. [/quote]
 One thing I noticed from the FF Pilot on the Page O' Clips is that the stolen answer value WAS added to the winnings.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

gameshowguy2000

Good Karna
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2004, 08:40:29 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 07:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 08:26 PM\'] The only thing I'm hoping returns, is that the "Stolen Answer's Points added to bank" rule.

I mean, the "300 to win" rule is fine, just taking away the "Stolen Answer's Points added to bank" rule is not. [/quote]
One thing I noticed from the FF Pilot on the Page O' Clips is that the stolen answer value WAS added to the winnings. [/quote]
 Right, and from the 1988 version up to Karn's first season, that's what happened.

But now, they're going back to the Classic format used on Dawson v1.0, where even if you stole, that answer's dollars WEREN'T added to the bank. I really don't like that.

The family that steals, regardless of format, should get the value of the answer they stole with added to the bank. It looks better that way.

inturnaround

Good Karna
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2004, 08:55:01 PM »
Yes but that means that there was a decision made between the Dawson pilot and the first aired FF episode that they weren't going to put the stolen answer's value in the pot. I didn't know they had even considered it  or used that rule until Combs' version.

I wonder why they changed it from the Dawson pilot.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Casey

Good Karna
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2004, 09:01:14 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 08:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 07:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 08:26 PM\'] The only thing I'm hoping returns, is that the "Stolen Answer's Points added to bank" rule.

One thing I noticed from the FF Pilot on the Page O' Clips is that the stolen answer value WAS added to the winnings. [/quote]
Right, and from the 1988 version up to Karn's first season, that's what happened.

But now, they're going back to the Classic format used on Dawson v1.0, where even if you stole, that answer's dollars WEREN'T added to the bank. I really don't like that.

The family that steals, regardless of format, should get the value of the answer they stole with added to the bank. It looks better that way. [/quote]
I don't think this is quite true.  In the first few years on Combs' version, the stealing team didn't get the dollar value for the stolen answer added to the bank.  This change came with the addition of the Bull's Eye round.

And how does it make it look better?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 09:05:21 PM by isucgv »