Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celebrity Name Game - cancellations?  (Read 10980 times)

JakeT

Celebrity Name Game - cancellations?
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:41:54 PM »
As a part of my recent move to Memphis, I have had the task of setting up new "season passes" for all my favorite shows now that I've moved from satellite to cable...but, to my surprise, when searching for CELEBRITY NAME GAME, it doesn't appear to air in this market any longer...did the Memphis affiliate yank it already or did it ever air at all in Memphis?

JakeT

golden-road

Re: Celebrity Name Game - cancellations?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 06:51:32 PM »
Checked the official website, says it doesn't air in Memphis at all.

JakeT

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 06:56:00 PM »
Checked the official website, says it doesn't air in Memphis at all.

I checked the official website before I posted my message...which lead to my question as to whether the show has been yanked from this market or ever aired here at all (in both cases, the official website probably would not offer any help)...

JakeT

SwohS Emag

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
I believe it never aired in Memphis at all.  I live in the Charlottesville, Va, market, where it has also never aired.  I was very surprised at the time about this.  It does not air in the nearby Harrisonburg market either.  I remember searching for other parts of the country where it doesn't air, and Memphis was one of them.   Sorry for the bad luck on this one JakeT, but I can promise you that I have been able to watch every episode so far through creative means!

Patrick

JakeT

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 11:06:57 PM »
That is a shame because the show had really started to grow on me...in fact, watching Craig's reactions to some of the bad gameplay was a hoot...fortunately, I still have about 20 unwatched eps on my DISH DVR so I might get to see them eventually.

JakeT

geno57

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 03:13:09 AM »
I still haven't seen it, as much as I love Craig Ferguson.  I am always busy at work during the time it's on one of the other stations.

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »
I have seen a few episodes, mostly thanks to the extended Thanksgiving weekend. 

At first glance, it looks like a knockoff of Hollywood Game Night.  I was not into it after the first 2 eps, but like Jake, the show is starting to grow on me.  Ferguson does get some good lines in there from time to time.  But something is missing that could make this show better -- I can't quite but my finger on it. 

Honestly, I prefer CNG to the Terry Crews shoutfest known as "MILLIONAIIIIIIIIIIRRRREEEE".  Only J! ranks above CNG as far as syndicated game show fare goes right now for me.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 11:27:29 AM »
At first glance, it looks like a knockoff of Hollywood Game Night.  I was not into it after the first 2 eps, but like Jake, the show is starting to grow on me.  Ferguson does get some good lines in there from time to time.  But something is missing that could make this show better -- I can't quite but my finger on it. 

"And while our celebrities take a break, my gay robot pal Geoff Peterson will be the clue-giver."
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 11:42:16 AM »
But something is missing that could make this show better -- I can't quite but my finger on it. 
Smarter contestants? ;-)

How is the show doing in the ratings? Has it picked up since September?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JakeT

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
Honestly, I prefer CNG to the Terry Crews shoutfest known as "MILLIONAIIIIIIIIIIRRRREEEE".

Yeah, unless Terry Crews completely overhauls his hosting style...or just goes away entirely...I don't see myself ever watching Millionaire ever again...truly cringeworthy television!

JakeT

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 05:00:02 PM »
Honestly, I prefer CNG to the Terry Crews shoutfest known as "MILLIONAIIIIIIIIIIRRRREEEE".
Wanna know how I know you aren't watching Millionaire?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »
Found something on Name Game's ratings...per Buzzerblog:

Celebrity Name Game is now firmly the second most watched rookie syndicated show. It's now above (already-renewed) Meredith Vieira with a 1.3. Up 18% from its premiere week.

Looks like it's slowly building a following...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 11:36:10 PM »
Weird that it doesn't air in Memphis - one would think that at least WREG would air it in the wee hours, as does its Huntsville sister (and fellow CBS affil) WHNT (the two stations have been sisters going back to New York Times ownership).
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 02:20:12 AM »
Not a cancellation but a move in New York...instead of facing Wheel at 7:30 CNG moves ahead an hour to 6:30 going up against the first half of the Feud hour. WPIX now airs a second Two and a Half Men rerun at 7:30.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 03:43:28 AM »
Wanna know how I know you aren't watching Millionaire?

To be totally fair, Terry's growing pains have turned a lot of people off. And most of them didn't come back, either.

He's done a very capable job, all the same. And I like how they've gotten creative with some of the audience games. Variety is awesome. The category junking was a great idea as well. I never got what the appeal of it was.

But this year just hasn't felt right for some reason. I'm not gonna blame that all on the hosting change, but I gotta say adding the Plus One was really a bad move. Largely because people for the most part seem clueless on how to properly utilize it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022