Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN'S new name is out.....  (Read 8179 times)

PeterMarshallFan

aaron sica

GSN'S new name is out.....
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 05:39:09 PM »
And if you go to corp.gsn.com, you can see their new logo too!

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 05:42:31 PM »
I saw it. Good grief, it's more hideous than that Jeopardy pilot set. All the colors give me scary memories of the disco era....

Oh great, now tomorrow I'm going to have Saturday Night Fever! [rimshot]

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 05:46:14 PM »
Shortening the name is fine, going all out with Reality shows and other stupid stuff is not.

byrd62

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 05:47:59 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 05:42 PM\']I saw it. Good grief, it's more hideous than that Jeopardy pilot set. All the colors give me scary memories of the disco era....

Oh great, now tomorrow I'm going to have Saturday Night Fever! [rimshot][/quote]
Game Show Network's altering of its name to GSn is no different from, say, American Movie Classics becoming just aMC ["TV for Movie People"], or Arts & Entertainment Network becoming just A&E ["The Art of Entertainment"].

It just becomes a bunch of letters, with their original meanings being somewhat lost.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 05:52:49 PM »
[quote name=\'byrd62\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 06:47 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 05:42 PM\']I saw it. Good grief, it's more hideous than that Jeopardy pilot set. All the colors give me scary memories of the disco era....

Oh great, now tomorrow I'm going to have Saturday Night Fever! [rimshot][/quote]
Game Show Network's altering of its name to GSn is no different from, say, American Movie Classics becoming just aMC ["TV for Movie People"], or Arts & Entertainment Network becoming just A&E ["The Art of Entertainment"].

It just becomes a bunch of letters, with their original meanings being somewhat lost. [/quote]
 The name's fine. I just think the logo is ugly.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 05:53:46 PM »
well its personally not as bad as i thought.  I am a huge fan of The Mole so i am happy.  I like the new logo.  I can give or take the rest, but i am a huge gamer so i am happy about the video game documentary.  overall its not as bad as i thought it was going to be.

Monarx

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 07:09:23 PM »
As per the Yahoo! thing...
On Tuesday, March 16th, at 10 p.m., television's smartest reality show, THE MOLE, makes its way to GSN. The first two seasons of the exciting "whodunit" hit game series THE MOLE, as well as CELEBRITY MOLE HAWAII, will air weekly in the Tuesday 10 p.m. time slot. GSN will begin on March 16 with CELEBRITY MOLE HAWAII, which featured Kathy Griffin, Corbin Bernsen, Stephen Baldwin, Michael Boatman, Kim Coles, Frederique Van Der Wal, Erik von Detten and host Ahmad Rashad. The first two "civilian" seasons of THE MOLE were hosted by CNN newsman Anderson Cooper and the series is produced by Stone Stanley Entertainment

Well, I know one time slot that will occupy me. :-D
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?

GS Warehouse

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 07:13:19 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 05:53 PM\'] well its personally not as bad as i thought.  I am a huge fan of The Mole so i am happy. ... [/quote]
 Yes, we all know the irritating one won Celebrity Mole: Hawaii (then again, weren't they all irritating?), but I never saw any of it the first time around.  But can blackjack on TV catch on without trivia questions?

tommycharles

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 07:16:50 PM »
Ya know...I don't spend that much time watching GSN anyhow...in fact their aquisition of The Mole will increase my viewing. So for me the change is positive. Their current schedule is getting real stale, real fast, anyhow. I'm looking forward to it - and this Kenny vs. Spenny or whatever it is could be cool - I'll just wait and see.

Still, it's not BAD, by any description.

zachhoran

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 07:17:33 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 07:13 PM\'] But can blackjack on TV catch on without trivia questions? [/quote]
 Poker seems to have done so. Those people with skill in counting cards can play along with non-Gambit blackjack. However, a poker-Concentration(card game) hybrid failed twice on television, as Pay Cards in the late 60s and the legendary SUper Pay Cards in 1981 crashed and burned.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 07:19:49 PM »
Speaking of Blackjack WITH trivia questions, I think that's what TNN's (now Spike TV) Top Card had.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2004, 07:22:40 PM »
The folks behind the Reality Channel must be kicking themselves now that The Mole is off the table.  Of ocurse, this channel will never get off the ground, because CBS has far too many cable propertis of its own to sell off any of their series.

As for the new GSN: I'll watch what I like and won't watch what I don't. The blackjack show could be good, the Kenny v. Whatever think will probably at least get a look from me, and Fake-a-Date? Fugeddaboudit.
@lambertman

DrBear

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2004, 07:39:52 PM »
Might as well get this out of the way now...

Worst. Network. Ever.

Seriously, I don't see anything appealing to me ... then again, I have only two years left (as of next month) in that 18-49 male demographic.

And the logo? Well, it looks like an offshoot of style.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

TV Favorites

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 09:49:11 PM »
I agree on the logo...it could use some different colors.  The actual design (minus the colors) looks okay to me, though.

As much as I like Mole, I probably won't watch it.  I already know the results of Celebrity Mole Hawaii and Mole 2.  I never saw the original Mole series, but since they spoiled the winner of Mole 1 on Mole 2, it won't be much fun to watch it either.