Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fremantle planning more Buzzr games  (Read 1910 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Fremantle planning more Buzzr games
« on: October 27, 2014, 11:51:30 PM »
Relevant portion quoted below, full article at http://streamdaily.tv/2014/10/27/fremantles-beers-talks-buzzer-munchies-monetization/

The [Buzzr] network will feature YouTube’s biggest stars competing against each other inside popular game-show formats from today and past eras. Fremantle owns the rights to many well-known game shows like The Price is Right, Let’s Make a Deal, Family Feud and Password, all which will be re-made and targeted to a younger audience.

"The idea is to get these YouTube stars engaged in a great, old game-show format," says [Thom] Beers[, CEO of FremantleMedia North America]. And they get paid while "getting a chance to subvert an old format and have fun with it."

[EDIT 12/23/14: Added a tiny bit to clarify who "Beers" is.]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:54:27 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

jjman920

• Mhoops.
Re: Fremantle planning more Buzzr games
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:07:42 AM »
If this can be the tinniest stepping stone to getting Password back on television, I'll take it.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BrandonFG

Re: Fremantle planning more Buzzr games
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:48:17 AM »
Younger audience, eh?

"The password is...bromance." (ding)

I didn't hate Youtube Feud, per se, but it was way too rushed and frenetic. It was an 8 minute episode, but they rushed through everything as if eight minutes was the magical timeslot. Pace it out a little better and give everyone a little decaf.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!