Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daytime Emmys livestream-only this year...  (Read 4536 times)

weaklink75

Daytime Emmys livestream-only this year...
« on: June 05, 2014, 04:01:47 PM »
On the plus side, maybe they can be a little more lenient with speech times and such...

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/daytime-emmy-awards-to-livestream-online/

Winkfan

Re: Daytime Emmys livestream-only this year...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 05:22:43 PM »
I hope somebody "YouTubes" portions of this year's ceremony for the benefit of those who have trouble with the streaming. (At least, the game show categories.....)

Cordially,
Tammy
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 08:23:08 PM »
I get that it's a new endeavor for the academy and all, but this is a fustercluck. Guy from Days of Our Lives just won, and the DOOL theme drowned out the audience applause. I heard absolutely no cheers. In fact, it sounds like the audience is not even there, or a mile away from the stage. The balance was better for the Young and Restless award winner.

Doesn't seem to be a time limit on acceptance speeches. Oh, and Kathy Griffin didn't waste any time taking advantage of not being on a network. She dropped two four-letter words in five minutes, one an F-bomb. I have no problem with cursing, but doing so gratuitously just because you can is kinda lame.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
Yes, a slightly different approach to the audio mix would go a long way to making this look a lot more professional.  Any time any prerecorded music is playing, it's WAY too loud compared to the audio of the room.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

pacdude

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 09:47:50 PM »
I get that it's a new endeavor for the academy and all, but this is a fustercluck. Guy from Days of Our Lives just won, and the DOOL theme drowned out the audience applause. I heard absolutely no cheers. In fact, it sounds like the audience is not even there, or a mile away from the stage. The balance was better for the Young and Restless award winner.

Doesn't seem to be a time limit on acceptance speeches. Oh, and Kathy Griffin didn't waste any time taking advantage of not being on a network. She dropped two four-letter words in five minutes, one an F-bomb. I have no problem with cursing, but doing so gratuitously just because you can is kinda lame.

"Listen, it's not being televised, so just fucking deal with it, have a good time, everyone can throw up in the toilets, and go home and fuck whoever you want." —Sharon Osbourne

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »
Kathy Griffin just cut off the last acceptance speech of the night, for no fathomable reason.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »

"Listen, it's not being televised, so just fucking deal with it, have a good time, everyone can throw up in the toilets, and go home and fuck whoever you want." —Sharon Osbourne
Now that I would've liked to have seen!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:05 AM »
Now that I would've liked to have seen!

That quote got her a standing ovation.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

JMFabiano

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 02:15:50 PM »

This.  Now can we please keep Griffin far away from awards shows, between this and a certain acceptance speech I won't dignify by describing?  Her and Joan Rivers' "I'm so outrageous, please cheer me!" act is beyond old.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.