Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ultimate Film Fanatic  (Read 1391 times)

inturnaround

Ultimate Film Fanatic
« on: January 03, 2004, 12:39:22 PM »
I was flipping through the channels this morning and saw an ad for IFC's "Ultimate Film Fanatic". Casting is going on now in Los Angeles and in the following cities:

New York - 1/19
Philadelphia - 1/21
Detroit - 1/23
Atlanta - 1/26
Phoenix - Jan 28
Denver - Jan 30

The show is produced by Mindless Entertainment, the folks behind "Beat the Geeks" and "The Surreal Life" (can Tammy Faye get along with Ron Jeremy?) and is hosted by "Film Threat"'s Chris Gore.

According to the website, the show works in three rounds.

In round one, you answer questions about movies. Simple enough.

In round two, you debate the pro or con of a movie-related subject. (Not sure how this is scored. Maybe "Cram" style where you get buzzed for every uh or stop?)

In round three, you show off your film collectibles collection. So, if you've got a lock of hair from everyone in the cast of "Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo", then I'm sure you'll get on the show.

Seems like an interesting show. Anyone going to try out for it?

This page has the full skinny.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

zachhoran

Ultimate Film Fanatic
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2004, 07:44:52 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 12:39 PM\'] I was flipping through the channels this morning and saw an ad for IFC's "Ultimate Film Fanatic". Casting is going on now in Los Angeles and in the following cities:

New York - 1/19
Philadelphia - 1/21
Detroit - 1/23
Atlanta - 1/26
Phoenix - Jan 28
Denver - Jan 30

The show is produced by Mindless Entertainment, the folks behind "Beat the Geeks" and "The Surreal Life" (can Tammy Faye get along with Ron Jeremy?) and is hosted by "Film Threat"'s Chris Gore.

In round two, you debate the pro or con of a movie-related subject. (Not sure how this is scored. Maybe "Cram" style where you get buzzed for every uh or stop?)

In round three, you show off your film collectibles collection. So, if you've got a lock of hair from everyone in the cast of "Breakin' 2 Electric Boogaloo", then I'm sure you'll get on the show.

This page has the full skinny. [/quote]
 SOmething like "Ultimate Film Fanatic", but replace film with "game show", might be a good balance between a game and reality show for the revamped GSN.

BrandonFG

Ultimate Film Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 08:09:31 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 07:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 12:39 PM\'] I was flipping through the channels this morning and saw an ad for IFC's "Ultimate Film Fanatic". Casting is going on now in Los Angeles and in the following cities:

New York - 1/19
Philadelphia - 1/21
Detroit - 1/23
Atlanta - 1/26
Phoenix - Jan 28
Denver - Jan 30

This page has the full skinny. [/quote]
SOmething like "Ultimate Film Fanatic", but replace film with "game show", might be a good balance between a game and reality show for the revamped GSN. [/quote]
 NO...horrible idea. Game shows are nowhere near as broad as the film industry. And honestly, who would watch a show about mindless game show trivia?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

Ultimate Film Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 08:21:26 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 08:09 PM\']
NO...horrible idea. Game shows are nowhere near as broad as the film industry. And honestly, who would watch a show about mindless game show trivia? [/quote]
 355 of us in Invision would, but it's really only something us and certain other diehards might watch, you're right.