Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune Shopping Question  (Read 2844 times)

GSRebich

Wheel of Fortune Shopping Question
« on: November 16, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »

According to TV.com, the minimum retail value of a prize with a gold star on it during the shopping era of \"Wheel of Fortune\" was $1,000, but I was wonder it was more than $1,000, does anyone know?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:59:55 AM »

According to TV.com, the minimum retail value of a prize with a gold star on it during the shopping era of \"Wheel of Fortune\" was $1,000, but I was wonder it was more than $1,000, does anyone know?

http://gscentral.net/wof/1985.htm\'>Here\'s an episode from 1985 that has a gold star on a truck.  I think that is worth more than $1,000.  Is that what you were asking?

--Mark
Phil 4:13

Bryce L.

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:09:18 AM »

http://gscentral.net/wof/1985.htm\'>Here\'s an episode from 1985 that has a gold star on a truck.  I think that is worth more than $1,000.  Is that what you were asking?

I think he means, was the minimum more than $1,000

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 09:51:50 AM »
I think we can safely say that the minimums were more than the top dollar for the match- so daytime prizes with good stars exceeded $2k and nighttime gold stars exceeded $5k.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 01:42:42 PM »
I thought gold stars were things that you could buy in the bonus round, not necessarily the most expensive thing in the showcase.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 02:21:46 PM »

I thought gold stars were things that you could buy in the bonus round, not necessarily the most expensive thing in the showcase.

They were.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SuperSweeper

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »

I think we can safely say that the minimums were more than the top dollar for the match- so daytime prizes with good stars exceeded $2k and nighttime gold stars exceeded $5k.

They definitely had star prizes less than $2k/$5k...I\'ve even seen a few star prizes on the early days of the nighttime version that were under $1k.