Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: USA Game Block Question  (Read 2562 times)

cmjb13

USA Game Block Question
« on: December 27, 2003, 06:47:10 AM »
Did they leave the fee plugs in or edit them out?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jimmy Owen

USA Game Block Question
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 07:28:29 AM »
They left them in, right down to the mini-commercials on TTD and $100kp. (Nancy Walker lives!) Ticket plugs were left in too.  Sometimes the shows had more commercial breaks than USA wanted, so instead of a commercial, a ticket plug was edited in.  This would happen on the last break of the 1980 version of "Chain Reaction."  Bill would throw it to commercial and it would go to a ticket plug from another ep instead, then back to the show.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 07:30:55 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

USA Game Block Question
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 07:38:57 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 06:47 AM\'] Did they leave the fee plugs in or edit them out? [/quote]
 The only shows on which fee plugs were edited out were All-Star Blitz, Talkabout, and some 1992 reruns of Scrabble(1987 episodes). ASB had a commercial for Player's Club with Telly Savalas and a commercial for a Tappan microwave oven. Scrabble saw a Troy-Bilt garden equipment commercial inserted.

zachhoran

USA Game Block Question
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 07:41:49 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 07:28 AM\'] Ticket plugs were left in too.  Sometimes the shows had more commercial breaks than USA wanted, so instead of a commercial, a ticket plug was edited in.  This would happen on the last break of the 1980 version of "Chain Reaction."  Bill would throw it to commercial and it would go to a ticket plug from another ep instead, then back to the show. [/quote]
 The only USA rerun that they normally edited out the ticket plugs for was PYL. In the case of Cullen CR, there would often be a ticket plug when they would go from the maingame to the bonus without a commercial, or vice versa.

JayC

USA Game Block Question
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 06:30:03 PM »
Did USA make the same edit on season 2 reruns of American Gladiators that Spike TV did?  Spike edited out the end of the show where next week's contestants would be announced.  Spike left in all logos though, sponsers, and even Mars eliminator sponsership in season 4.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 06:32:21 PM by JayC »

ChuckNet

USA Game Block Question
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 11:00:00 PM »
This would happen on the last break of the 1980 version of "Chain Reaction." Bill would throw it to commercial and it would go to a ticket plug from another ep instead, then back to the show.

Also, they would sometimes edit in 3 of the 7 fee items slated to run at the end of the show instead.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

ChuckNet

USA Game Block Question
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 11:02:24 PM »
The only shows on which fee plugs were edited out were All-Star Blitz, Talkabout, and some 1992 reruns of Scrabble(1987 episodes). ASB had a commercial for Player's Club with Telly Savalas and a commercial for a Tappan microwave oven. Scrabble saw a Troy-Bilt garden equipment commercial inserted.

They would also do Miracle-Ear hearing aid spots on some of those 1987 Scrabble eps, as well.

Additionally, they experimented w/editing the fee plugs out of $25K Pyramid for a time in 1991 (right after Dick's sign-off or the Mystery 7 prize plug, they would do a wipe to the start of the credits), but this thankfully didn't last too long.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

BrandonFG

USA Game Block Question
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 03:38:03 AM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 11:00 PM\']
This would happen on the last break of the 1980 version of "Chain Reaction." Bill would throw it to commercial and it would go to a ticket plug from another ep instead, then back to the show.

Also, they would sometimes edit in 3 of the 7 fee items slated to run at the end of the show instead.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Wait a minute...either I'm confused or just had no idea, but when did USA ever show Cullen's Chain Reaction? I thought that was on CBN? Don't need exact dates, just the years will work.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

USA Game Block Question
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 07:48:29 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 03:38 AM\']
Wait a minute...either I'm confused or just had no idea, but when did USA ever show Cullen's Chain Reaction? I thought that was on CBN? Don't need exact dates, just the years will work. [/quote]
 CBN did air CUllen CR circa 1983-84. USA aired it from Sep 30 1985-Sep 26 1986, and it obviously got good enough response for the Canadian-based Edwards/Emmons version to last five years on that channel.