Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What Was It?  (Read 2088 times)

The Pyramids

What Was It?
« on: May 04, 2013, 10:27:30 AM »

Ten years ago this summer GSN heavily promoted its Sunday night line-up of \'Chuck Woolery: Naturally Stones\' and new episodes of \'Whammy!\' and \'Cram.\' Didn\'t they have a name for the night in the promos?

tyshaun1

What Was It?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
Ten years ago this summer GSN heavily promoted its Sunday night line-up of \'Chuck Woolery: Naturally Stones\' and new episodes of \'Whammy!\' and \'Cram.\' Didn\'t they have a name for the night in the promos?

Sunday Night Buzz.

Tyshaun

Vahan_Nisanian

What Was It?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 10:51:58 AM »

I remember seeing Naturally Stoned for the first time, and I remember I couldn\'t believe they didn\'t mention Scrabble, when listing the shows he hosted. At the time, I had no idea of the rights issues going on between the parties involved.

They also didn\'t mention his hosting The Big Spin in 1985 when it premiered. But to be fair, not many people would have known that (even I didn\'t know that at the time), because 1) It only aired here in California, and 2) He only hosted the first four episodes.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:19:34 PM by gameshowlover87 »

The Pyramids

What Was It?
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »

Sunday Night Buzz, that was it. I wonder if the disapointing  ratings (none of the three shows saw another season) amid the heavy promotion was a factor in the Network for Games makeover the next year.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
What Was It?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 01:06:10 AM »

Looking back, Cram was better than I gave it credit for. It wasn\'t GREAT, but certainly not bad.

Bobby Peacock