Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Complaining about cheapness  (Read 1965 times)

gsnstooge

Complaining about cheapness
« on: December 17, 2003, 03:43:00 PM »
For those who complain about cheapness and those who have game show ideas, here is what I should remind.  
Look what happened to Pitfall, The Reel to Reel Picture Show, and Michael Reagan's version of Lingo.
Pitfall: The production company bankrupted and many of the contestants on the last weeks never got their winnings.
Lingo 87: The producers had little or no intention of paying the teams their money and many of them sued, but their success remains unknown.
Reel to Reel: Peter Marshall was never paid as host, none of the celebrities got paid, and none of the contestants ever received their winnings.
Also look at all those pilots.
People who won on Small Talk, Scrabble '93, and Match Game '98 did better than those on pilots.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 04:49:27 PM »
Match Game '98 was Jeep, not cheap.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 07:26:17 PM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Dec 17 2003, 03:43 PM\']
Lingo 87: The producers had little or no intention of paying the teams their money and many of them sued, but their success remains unknown.
 [/quote]
 Yahtzee in 1988, which was from the same packagers as the 1987 Lingo(Yahtzee was done in association with Peter Marshall Enterprises), also had similar problems. Ralph Andrews, who co packaged Lingo and Yahtzee with Bernstein-Hovis, also reportedly(as per host Jim Peck IIRC)did not pay some of the contestants from the 1978 revival of You DOn't Say.

ChuckNet

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 10:16:49 PM »
Ralph Andrews, who co packaged Lingo and Yahtzee with Bernstein-Hovis, also reportedly(as per host Jim Peck IIRC)did not pay some of the contestants from the 1978 revival of You DOn't Say.

That had to do w/a lawsuit that Andrews had used some game money to pay...although it took awhile, both Peck and annoucer John Harlan were eventually paid for their services, though I don't know about the contestants.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

starcade

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2003, 01:33:21 PM »
I think my only complaint about prize budgeting is when it just seems to be terrificly out of balance.

For example:  All these wonderful prizes on the birthday TPiR MDS, and the 6th guy plays for a jet ski that could've been on the bonus game in any show?

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003, 07:39:16 PM »
[quote name=\'starcade\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 01:33 PM\'] I think my only complaint about prize budgeting is when it just seems to be terrificly out of balance.

For example:  All these wonderful prizes on the birthday TPiR MDS, and the 6th guy plays for a jet ski that could've been on the bonus game in any show? [/quote]
 That's not as bad as the $6K spa in Coming or Going on Thursday Night's show. One daytime show this week had Double Prices played for a trip to Sedona, Arizona, worth $300 less than the first IUFB on the same show.

JayC

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2003, 09:23:01 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 07:39 PM\'] One daytime show this week had Double Prices played for a trip to Sedona, Arizona, worth $300 less than the first IUFB on the same show. [/quote]
 That was Side by Side.