Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Producer Robert Sherman seeking a "Blockbusters" episode  (Read 3136 times)

Adam Nedeff

Producer Robert Sherman seeking a "Blockbusters" episode
« on: September 15, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »
I had the chance to talk to Robert Sherman yesterday and he's looking for a particular episode that he hasn't seen since it was taped and he'd like to. There was an error that he's positive didn't get edited out; a contestant had a problem with one of the buzzers and Sherman walked onstage, on-camera, fixed it in a simple way, then pounded on it to make sure it was working. I have a little more than 200 episodes on DVD but before I go hunting through them, I thought I'd check to see if somebody keeps better notes about their collection than me. Does anybody know which episode it was?

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »
About 7 or 8 years ago, I DVR'd every episode on GSN, I watched them run through both seasons not only during the week, but on the weekends.

It appeared GSN was showing the episodes in order, and if they skipped any I couldn't tell.

I don't remember that at all.

Does he know who the contestants were?  At the time I was curious about some stats during the gold rush round, so somewhere buried on my hard drive is a list of all the contestants that played gold rush (first and last names) that GSN showed during the run.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »
Doing some Wayback Machine searching, I came across this description for episode 135, which aired 5/7/81:

Show starts with Gold Run; Mark wins $5,000 in :30
New solo player Pam's buzzer had to be adjusted in G1
Mark & Jan d. Pam 2-0; Mark wins $400 when a deformed
buzzer sounds on a potential winning question

Wonder if that might be it.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
I have the name Mark Steinburg, winning in 31 seconds on his 2nd trip to Goldrush, hope that's the one, and hope it helps.

This was the only person in Goldrush named Mark on my list.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 03:44:22 PM by gameshowcrazy »

thewhammy_2000

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 06:59:14 PM »
I also have said episode as well and saw the buzzer moment, too.

The copy I have must have aired on GSN around May 17, 2003.

jage

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »
Not surprisingly, found the episode on YouTube including part 2 where the incident occurs.