Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who Wants to became a GS host?  (Read 2648 times)

catkins522

Who Wants to became a GS host?
« on: August 12, 2012, 08:08:24 PM »
Todd Newton wants you to come to his workshop...

Click here for more info...

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 09:06:11 PM »
I know we've seen Todd do this particular seminar before, but if the whole of becomeahost.com isn't one of the bigger ways to separate suckers from their money than I have ever seen, I dunno what it is.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jay Temple

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:06:03 AM »
And that's $275 in real money, not merchandise.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »
Of course it provides no real career-path guarantee.  I bet it would be a hoot, though.
czambo@mac.com

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »
"Lesson #1: Count the $275 into Todd's hand." :)
@lambertman

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
Do it like Jack Barry for extra credit--$100! 200! *flip through the $100s until you get to the $50s* $250! *find your way to the $20s* $270! *pick out a $5 from the bottom of the stack* $275!

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »
Chris with the win, Klauss the assist. Well played.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 12:50:28 PM »
Who then hands $250 of it to his pimp Marki.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvrandywest

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »
Who then hands $250 of it to his pimp Marki.
You are wise, Mr. Lemon!

Todd certainly doesn't need my help, but just a word... the class is not just about game show hosting. Most of the attendees are pursuing gigs on magazine-type shows (Entertainment Tonight, E! type stuff). Others just want to widen their skill set. Todd gives them a lot of valuable info about the biz as well as performance, and the attendees perform and get feedback. The class also features guest speakers that have included other hosts and top producers (Sande Stewart did a few, and the next class will feature arguably TV's top game producer).

The best part: After the class Todd and I go for drinks and tell stories   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »
Todd certainly doesn't need my help, but just a word... the class is not just about game show hosting. Most of the attendees are pursuing gigs on magazine-type shows (Entertainment Tonight, E! type stuff). Others just want to widen their skill set. Todd gives them a lot of valuable info about the biz as well as performance, and the attendees perform and get feedback. The class also features guest speakers that have included other hosts and top producers (Sande Stewart did a few, and the next class will feature arguably TV's top game producer).

The best part: After the class Todd and I go for drinks and tell stories   ;-)
Considering that there aren't too many talents in LA offering a class like that, I could see Todd raking in a nice piece of change.

Honestly, I paid more per college credit in school- if I were living in LA and trying to break in, I would consider taking the class- especially if it could help me improve my demo reel.

TV's top game producer currently? Got to be Michael Davies or....well, that's the only name (not company) that's stuck out in the past 10 years or so. Maybe Mike Richards?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:55:45 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 08:54:45 PM »
Honestly, I paid more per college credit in school- if I were living in LA and trying to break in, I would consider taking the class.
And that says nothing of the potential networking opportunities.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2012, 10:29:21 PM »
I would imagine that some people might see this as the modern-day equivalent of a Dale Carnegie course.  (Oh wait, they still do that.)  Maybe you don't have any illusions at all about being an on-air talent, you just want some pointers on how to improve the way you present yourself in public.  Plus you get to meet that nice young man from television.  Not all of his clients have to be clueless wanabees.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

WhirlieBird74

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 12:44:03 AM »
Do it like Jack Barry for extra credit--$100! 200! *flip through the $100s until you get to the $50s* $250! *find your way to the $20s* $270! *pick out a $5 from the bottom of the stack* $275!
Going OT a bit, Jack actually carried $1575 (15 $100's, 1 $50, 1 $20, and 1 $5 bill) each time the contestant faced 'the Devil'--the maximum amount of money a winner can earn in the bonus round--provided, the contestant has $975, risks it, and spins three $200's. If the contestant won money, it was handed back to either the producer or stagehand--just like the $500 a contestant receives (for a perfect One-Bid) on TPIR.