Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Name's The Same Episode Wanted  (Read 1109 times)

Matt Ottinger

The Name's The Same Episode Wanted
« on: July 31, 2012, 10:23:16 PM »
Because I made an episode guide a few years ago, a fellow got in touch with me trying to find a particular episode for his grandmother.  Her name is Virginia Hamm and her episode originally aired on July 5, 1955.  That was the four-panelist period, and the panelists on that show were Mike Wallace, Laraine Day, Roger Price and Joan Alexander.  Clifton Fadiman was the host by that point, and Peggy King was that week's guest.

Thing is, I didn't keep the episodes (well, besides the Cullen ones) so I'm reaching out to you guys.  AGIOT? Or DVD?  Contact me at ottinger@acd.net if you can help out.  Grandma is 95 so...hurry.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Allstar87

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 10:47:18 PM »
Just sent you an email. :)

Bobby B.

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 03:42:04 PM »
I know this is off-topic in regards to the episode search, but I didn't realize they did so many episodes where a contestant had the same name as either a panelist or the night's celebrity guest.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 08:45:02 PM »
I know this is off-topic in regards to the episode search, but I didn't realize they did so many episodes where a contestant had the same name as either a panelist or the night's celebrity guest.

To me it seemed like they seemed to find an abundance of people that had similar names- I swear I saw a few "Will Kick"s and "Will Kiss"es.

I did enjoy the show, though. Wonder if it'd do well today.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

snowpeck

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
For the longest time, that was simply how the celebrity spot worked. They would keep the identity of the guest secret from the panel, then after the segment with the guest's namesake was over, allow the contestant to meet the celebrity with whom he/she shared a name. Then they'd do the whole "secret wish" bit.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:27:13 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)