Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Pyramid  (Read 69384 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
The Pyramid
« Reply #120 on: July 31, 2012, 05:54:01 PM »
One thing I noticed: end of the promo has the GSN logo and website. Right between those? "GAME SHOW NETWORK".

This looks frigging awesome. With all this going for it, I'm hoping they don't screw it up (i.e., anything Donnymid did).
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Casey Buck

The Pyramid
« Reply #121 on: July 31, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »
Did anyone else notice that the GSN logo at the end had "GAME SHOW NETWORK" below it?

The Pyramids

The Pyramid
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »
There is a pool of good game players from 'Pyramid' a decade ago that this version maybe this version can use. John O'Hurley and Melissa Peterman come to mind. Getting Ed Begley Jr and Betty White may also be possible.

The Pyramids

The Pyramid
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »
Did anyone else notice that the GSN logo at the end had "GAME SHOW NETWORK" below it?

I did. The "American Bible Challenge' promos have the same thing.

BrandonFG

The Pyramid
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »
The promo looks very promising...the more previews I see from this show, the more intrigued I'm becoming.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

The Pyramid
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2012, 06:37:26 PM »
Can I request a merging of this thread and one/some in the GSN board? It's kind of awkward having to bounce back and forth for the same discussion.

ETA: Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 10:27:35 PM by chad1m »

Bob Zager

The Pyramid
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2012, 07:15:19 PM »
Based on the promo video I saw, I like how the top of the Winner's Circle Pyramid will display the amount being played for.

Pyramid80

The Pyramid
« Reply #127 on: July 31, 2012, 07:31:01 PM »
Everything that I saw in the promo, I liked.  I am looking forward to hearing "Tuning Up" blaring again on a game show set!!  I hope the show is as good as we want it to be, and then some.  Now, waiting on September 3rd to get here....

BrandonFG

The Pyramid
« Reply #128 on: July 31, 2012, 07:33:07 PM »
Based on the promo video I saw, I like how the top of the Winner's Circle Pyramid will display the amount being played for.
I'm pretty sure this was back in the ATGS days, but I remember someone suggesting that a future version of the show (this was pre-Donnymid) should do just that. I like how it looks too.

I think the only thing that looks weird to me is the inner triangle inside the center stage pyramids. A very minor thing, but it just looks a little odd.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Jay Temple

The Pyramid
« Reply #129 on: July 31, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »
One little thing that worries me: We hear Mike saying, "For $15,000." If I were making the promo, my preference would be to hear him saying $20,000 or $25,000. I hope this doesn't mean that the game play is that poor, that they hadn't even had one attempt for the higher figure.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Pyramid
« Reply #130 on: July 31, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »
One little thing that worries me: We hear Mike saying, "For $15,000." If I were making the promo, my preference would be to hear him saying $20,000 or $25,000.
Are you less likely to watch the show as a result?

Do you think the average person might be less likely to watch the show as a result?

Seriously. Let's all try not to over-analyze this, ok?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The Pyramid
« Reply #131 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
An awfully good "turning point" we could cite is the now-infamous Sandy Duncan/Nipsey Russell slugfest of 6/12/78.  Even though that game was only 19-19 after regulation and didn't even feature a lot of sevens in the tiebreakers, it showed how consistent good players could be.
Whether we go with the nighttime version, or five years in, that tells us how long it took for there to be good consistent play. What I'm saying is that if you go in expecting there to be perfect play you're going to be disappointed, and it will take that same time to feel the game out again and get back to that plateau of competency. Give the show time to grow and be awesome, and if it works eventually we'll get back to that point.
Travis L. Eberle

snowpeck

The Pyramid
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »
And don't forget there were plenty of celebrities that played the game poorly all throughout even the 80s version.  The trick is to not invite those people to play again.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BrandonFG

The Pyramid
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »
The thing I can see going wrong is if The Pyramid does anything like the Osmond version did: weird taping schedule, briefing the clue-giving celeb on the Winner's Circle categories, cutting back and forth between celeb and player in the WC, using terrible WC categories, and having the supremely-anal judging ("Things in a Toolbox" not being accepted for "Tools"? GTFO).
In order:
-No biggie/no one will notice or care
-Agreed
-Agreed
-Would be nice, but won't ruin the show
-Agreed

1 and 4 really won't hurt the show, and from all the reports made, you prolly won't have to worry about the other three. So honestly, there's a 40% chance of anything offensive, and that 40% is nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:21:03 PM by BrandonFG »

Stevek83

The Pyramid
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »
"The Pyramid" looks good! It's good to see them following the roots of old school Pyramid and ignoring the Millionaire look from 2002.

When I first saw the picture of Mike Richards on the set, the one posted on Buzzerblog on July 12th, I thought it looked like part of the set from "Super Password." Maybe it's just me? Overall, I'm looking forward to hearing that wonderful 80's theme along with the original sounds. Hope we get to hear the cuckoo, too :)

As Dan pointed out, I too noticed GSN displayed their full name on the bottom of their logo at the end of the video. Perhaps they are phasing the words back on air for a new logo? The CW11 in New York did a similar logo transition when they went back to calling themselves WPIX aka PIX11.