Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Pyramid  (Read 70397 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
The Pyramid
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »
Since when does a television program charge for an audience????  There are some FCC guidelines that prohibit that.
They aren't charging, they're paying for Butts In Seats.

Hates being reminded of "butts in seats"
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Pyramid
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

trainman

The Pyramid
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2012, 10:40:50 PM »
$8 an hour for up to five episodes if you're in the area.

Signed up for one of the 5-episode taping days, and hope to walk out with $24 or less.
trainman is a man of trains

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
The Pyramid
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2012, 02:42:45 AM »
$8 an hour for up to five episodes if you're in the area.
Signed up for one of the 5-episode taping days, and hope to walk out with $24 or less.
Well, look at it this way: if you get $24 or less, they're clearly doing something right and that'll pay off greatly later this year. Otherwise, you're getting paid progressively more money to watch a trainwreck.

If they tape both front games of an episode first, prep the Winner's Circle celeb with the categories, retape reactions/explanations/whatever for no discernible reason, or have the anal judging of Donnymid...I'd say get out of dodge. (Or at the very least, voice your concerns.)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

toddyo

The Pyramid
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:53 AM »
Paying for butts. Yikes! Pretty sad.

BrandonFG

The Pyramid
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2012, 11:35:32 AM »
And nothing new. I don't think it'll affect the quality of the show one iota.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

The Pyramid
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:37 AM »
And nothing new. I don't think it'll affect the quality of the show one iota.

I think you got whooshed, BFG. Looks like Toddy was speaking facetiously on my end.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
The Pyramid
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2012, 12:33:48 PM »
Haha you said end.
This signature is currently under construction.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
The Pyramid
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2012, 12:37:24 PM »
I think you got whooshed, BFG. Looks like Toddy was speaking facetiously on my end.
How could you tell? This is the guy who said "If you bomb, it airs" no matter what the consequence, and he was ready to unleash an FCC investigation until he was set right.

/Oh, I have BENEFIBER BINGO!
//In one post.
///That's probably not the record.
////I bet he's done it in one sentence before.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

The Pyramid
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »
How could you tell? This is the guy who said "If you bomb, it airs" no matter what the consequence, and he was ready to unleash an FCC investigation until he was set right.

Point taken, mine still stands.

BrandonFG

The Pyramid
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »

Point taken, mine still stands.
I was mainly going by his comment from yesterday, but it's hard to tell from just one sentence today...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

NickS

The Pyramid
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2012, 01:20:06 PM »
If they tape both front games of an episode first, prep the Winner's Circle celeb with the categories, retape reactions/explanations/whatever for no discernible reason, or have the anal judging of Donnymid...I'd say get out of dodge. (Or at the very least, voice your concerns.)

What if they play the game standing up?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Pyramid
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
(Or at the very least, voice your concerns.)
Are you frigging kidding me?

(I missed this the first time. Benefiber, indeed.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

The Pyramid
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »
(Or at the very least, voice your concerns.)
I have none. They made at least 2 pilots that looked pretty damn faithful to what Dick Clark hosted 25-40* years ago, and it really sounds like they know what they're doing. I have no reason to believe this version will be too different from the '09 pilot recently linked to. Why are you so scared of New Pyramid? Seriously, you keep going on and on looking for reasons to dislike it. Relax, I don't think we'll get an Endemaul product. It won't be a carbon copy from 1982, but you can step off the ledge.

*/Technically 24-39
//25-40 sounds better
///One more till I get "Bengo"!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:38:36 PM by BrandonFG »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
The Pyramid
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2012, 01:54:20 PM »
Well, look at it this way: if you get $24 or less, they're clearly doing something right
I usually don't do this, but if you're wondering why people take aim at you Dan, here's a reason: your reply is exactly what Jim was saying. He just didn't spell it out.

-Jason
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:54:26 PM by JasonA1 »
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck