Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One Year Ago. . .  (Read 2446 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
One Year Ago. . .
« on: December 12, 2003, 01:53:03 PM »
If Chris C. or Matt feel the need to move this elsewhere, that's fine, but I wanted to make sure this gets seen.

This weekend and early next week, for all intents and purposes, marks one year since most of us left Usenet for EZBoard (which begat this here board at Invision).  (And if Chris C. or Matt had planned to post something regarding this, sorry for jumping the gun--hope there are no hard feelings.)  

Anywho, what I wanted to do was to toast our moderators for their efforts in putting these boards together and giving us a haven away from Usenet.  It's an absolute pleasure to be here, and I enjoy the give and take.  While I could use the Groucho Marx line of "I wouldn't accept membership in any club that would have me as a member," the truth of the matter is that I do value the friendships/acquaintanceships and camaraderie formed from these boards.  And our moderators couldn't have made things simpler for us to be able to do that.

Cheers, Chris C. and Matt!  Thanks for everything, and let me be the 147th person (not necessarily here) to wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday season and all the best for 2004.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 04:19:25 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 11:53 AM\'] Cheers, Chris C. and Matt!  Thanks for everything, and let me be the 147th person (not necessarily here) to wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday season and all the best for 2004.
 [/quote]
 Hear, hear!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 04:41:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 04:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 11:53 AM\'] Cheers, Chris C. and Matt!  Thanks for everything, and let me be the 147th person (not necessarily here) to wish everyone a happy and healthy holiday season and all the best for 2004.
 [/quote]
Hear, hear! [/quote]
What they said. And in 2004, I plan to surpass Chris Lemon's number of posts. I shall start by making separate posts asking how "Hat Putato" wuz played. Tat wuld b funi. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 04:57:51 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:41 PM\'] I shall start by making separate posts asking how "Hat Putato" wuz played. Tat wuld b funi. :-P [/quote]
 Trust me, tat wuldn't.

Thanks for the nice words, gentlemen.  I'm planning to post my own First Anniversary message a bit later.  You know, on our actual anniversary or something.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 07:24:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 04:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:41 PM\'] I shall start by making separate posts asking how "Hat Putato" wuz played. Tat wuld b funi. :-P [/quote]
Trust me, tat wuldn't.

Thanks for the nice words, gentlemen.  I'm planning to post my own First Anniversary message a bit later.  You know, on our actual anniversary or something. [/quote]
 And the one-year anniversary is Monday IIRC

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 07:34:36 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:24 PM\']
And the one-year anniversary is Monday IIRC [/quote]
 Wow. Where would we be without Zach Horan?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PeterMarshallFan

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 07:36:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 08:34 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:24 PM\']
Wow. Where would we be without Zach Horan? [/quote]
 ATGS. ;-)

[ducking BIG TIME]

combsisthebest

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 07:41:34 PM »
Happy one year anniversary! Thank you Matt and Chris for providing such a good forum to discuss game shows.

MCArroyo1

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 09:07:25 PM »
Congratulations,
and thanks for making these two boards such pleasant (most of the time) experiences.

The Ol' Guy

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2003, 12:25:16 AM »
Amen!!
Thanks, Chris and Matt, for a wonderful place to visit, chat, and learn. Long may this wave!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 01:12:57 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 07:36 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 08:34 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 12 2003, 05:24 PM\']
Wow. Where would we be without Zach Horan? [/quote]
ATGS. ;-)

[ducking BIG TIME] [/quote]
I guess I am left with no choice but to take back the Hollywood Squares dinnerware I had purchased for your Christmas present.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2003, 01:13:30 AM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Brandon Brooks

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 01:15:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 13 2003, 01:12 AM\'] I guess I am left with no choice but to take back the Hollywood Squares dinnerware I had purchased for your Christmas present. [/quote]
 Can I have it?

Brandon Brooks

ChuckNet

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 08:54:26 PM »
Matt and Chris, thank you for giving us GS fans a place to discuss all things GS-related w/out having to worry about trolls, needless flames, and other irritating aspects of the cespool that is now ATGS, and getting some former "old school" ATGSers to come out of the woodwork as a result.

And I, for one, am honored to be a part of it. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Grateful "Chuckie Baby")

gameshowguy2000

One Year Ago. . .
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 09:09:29 PM »
I'm happy to be here as well!

When I looked through the ATGS archives at Google, I was very unhappy with some of the thread names, such as "Hey, I'm Gay!" and "When will (Show) F--k off and die?"

But here I am, away from those ATGSers, and here in a happy place.

To quote Chubbs from Happy Gilmore: Think of this place as your own Happy Place...