Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New GSN pilot  (Read 15659 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New GSN pilot
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 05:12:37 PM »
And yes, I was half kidding about Alan Kalter.
But none of the rest of that?

If shot in LA, shoot it at Television City and say so in the open.
Oh, god.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:12:44 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
New GSN pilot
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 10:33:54 PM »
Drew Carey could host Pyramid.
Brian Dunkleman could host Pyramid.

Adam Ant could host Pyramid.

Dolph Ziggler could host Pyramid.

RuPaul could host Pyramid.

George W. Bush could host Pyramid.

Gordon Ramsay could host Pyramid.

O.J. Simpson could host Pyramid.

Chaz Bono could host Pyramid.

A lot of people could host Pyramid.

Drew would probably get bored with it and let his boredom show.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:34:41 PM by chris319 »

BrandonFG

New GSN pilot
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »

O.J. Simpson could host Pyramid. He's a little tied up until at least 2017.
;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
New GSN pilot
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »

O.J. Simpson could host Pyramid.

Chaz Bono could host Pyramid.

A lot of people could host Pyramid.
Please don't raise my hopes.

Frankly, I don't think GSN has done a terrible job picking hosts for their originals. That's the least of my worries.

/Imagine Gordon: "Cuckoo! That's an illegal clue, you *insert expletive here* moron!"
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
New GSN pilot
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 11:59:07 PM »
Some people just really can't let go of grudges, I guess.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jeremy Nelson

New GSN pilot
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
I know that in one of their recent press releases, GSN discussed putting on one of those pawn stars/ bargain hunter type shows. Last night, I was thinking: How could they keep the idea of those shows (if they're serious about putting one on), and not stray from the formula of the network? How about using the original Price is Right format with odd/antique items? Keeping in mind that the original Price was all about auctions and not paying more for something that it's worth, it would seem like a good fit for the network. Thoughts?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New GSN pilot
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2012, 05:46:29 PM »
I know that in one of their recent press releases, GSN discussed putting on one of those pawn stars/ bargain hunter type shows. Last night, I was thinking: How could they keep the idea of those shows (if they're serious about putting one on), and not stray from the formula of the network?
They don't. Either the branding changes or you don't take the show. Or you resign your post because you just can't make that kind of financial decision. (Yay inside baseball.)

How about using the original Price is Right format with odd/antique items? Keeping in mind that the original Price was all about auctions and not paying more for something that it's worth, it would seem like a good fit for the network. Thoughts?
That sounds like a terrific idea. Perhaps you could get a pair of contestants, have them on for the entire episode and have them play various games about how much stuff costs. Winning the game would build up a cash prize which could be risked in the hugely dramatic final.

;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:49:18 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

New GSN pilot
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
How about using the original Price is Right format with odd/antique items? Keeping in mind that the original Price was all about auctions and not paying more for something that it's worth, it would seem like a good fit for the network. Thoughts?
That sounds like a terrific idea. Perhaps you could get a pair of contestants, have them on for the entire episode and have them play various games about how much stuff costs. Winning the game would build up a cash prize which could be risked in the hugely dramatic final.

;)
Are you sure that would work, or are you SURE sure?

But serious, just take Cullen's PiR, but for antique items. Winner keeps the cash value of all the stuff they "win".
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

New GSN pilot
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 07:43:54 PM »
Are you sure that would work, or are you SURE sure?
Beat me to it. Well played.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New GSN pilot
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 10:10:25 PM »
I know that in one of their recent press releases, GSN discussed putting on one of those pawn stars/ bargain hunter type shows. Last night, I was thinking: How could they keep the idea of those shows (if they're serious about putting one on), and not stray from the formula of the network? How about using the original Price is Right format with odd/antique items? Keeping in mind that the original Price was all about auctions and not paying more for something that it's worth, it would seem like a good fit for the network. Thoughts?
If you go in the Dancing With People Who Have Projects to Plug thread over in the GSN board, you'll see me uncork a freight train of logic on gameshowlover87. But I'll also add this.

Let's say that there's to be a new TV network called Fuzzy Kitten Network. And let's say that the foundation of this network is $100,000 Pyramid, Curling for Loonies, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Walking/Talking Dead, South Park and Thierry Rautereu Talks With A Fransh Accent and Cooks Lamb Sausage At You, and some other stuff. Now I've presented you shows in several genres. I look at that and I say 1) "Great, where do I find this?" and 2) "I really hope it is on the Poor People Tend to Live in Clusters tier of channels, because that's what I have right now." The name of the network doesn't figure into it.

I am puzzled at how "The Learning Channel" can go from showing educational content to "How'd We Get 19 Children?" or that MTV goes from Music Television to showcasing teenage pregnancy. Even AMC changed from a movie channel to having some terrific original programming. If you tell me where the content is and don't move it around, I'll find it and be happy. I don't care what the network is called so much as what the channel number is.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

New GSN pilot
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »
"How'd We Get 19 Children?"
Well, you see, when a man and a woman love each other very much...
...and then he loves her again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
New GSN pilot
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 10:32:33 PM »
I need to start a fight with someone, I'm >this close to the Gordie Howe Hat Trick.
Travis L. Eberle

MikeK

• Martha!
New GSN pilot
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 10:42:06 PM »
"How'd We Get 19 Children?"
Well, you see, when a man and a woman love each other very much...
...and then he loves her again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
...and again...
Easier method--Octomom twice, then a natural triple...not that anybody with a lick of intelligence would let Octomom have any more kids, let alone another 8-pack.

J.R.

New GSN pilot
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2012, 11:02:58 PM »
Octomom meets Antonio Cromartie.

You'll have 19 in a month.
-Joe Raygor

Matt Ottinger

New GSN pilot
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »
Even AMC changed from a movie channel to having some terrific original programming.
I remember the exact moment when I realized that original intent no longer mattered for these sorts of channels.  It was when AMC started showing some modern British sitcom, which was neither "A" nor "M" nor "C".
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.