Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Philippe Bond on US TPIR?  (Read 1023 times)

DoItRockapella

Philippe Bond on US TPIR?
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »
Recently came across a item of interest on golden-road.net - apparently Philippe Bond, the current Quebec TPIR host, was all set to make an appearance on the American show, only for the taping to be canceled due to Drew Carey's clavicle injury.

Does anybody have solid, and preferably English-language, proof of this?

For that matter, what happened to all those guest appearances by other TPIR hosts we were promised for Season 40? I know we got Larry Emdur, but has anybody else been planned to show up?

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
Here is a French-language promo of his "visit".  Apparently Drew broke his shoulder while running the morning his episode was taped, so it was never rescheduled.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

DoItRockapella

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 08:27:28 PM »
Apparently Drew broke his shoulder while running the morning his episode was taped, so it was never rescheduled.

Thanks for the link...forgive me for being nitpicky, but did Drew break his shoulder before or after the episode was taped? If it was before, I'll accept that the taping had to be canceled, but if it was after, they'll probably show it at some point...

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »
The morning immediately before, so Philippe never taped.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

DoItRockapella

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:27:42 PM »
The morning immediately before, so Philippe never taped.

OK - makes sense. Thanks for the information.