Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob Barker on a postage stamp  (Read 7306 times)

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
Bob Barker on a postage stamp
« on: December 04, 2011, 12:44:59 PM »
Stick that stamp on a TPiR ticket request envelope - extra cool!

From fiticeleb.com

Yahoo! News

--Charlie
"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 12:58:24 PM »
He doesn't deserve it.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
TPiR models won't buy it.  Most of them have already touched and licked Barker.

NickS

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »
RTFA, looks like there's been some skin that's been put through its paces.

And then there's the pics of Barker.

He doesn't deserve it.

How so?  In this context it makes complete sense.  Not that I'm the biggest PeTA fan - but that's not the issue here.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:16:14 PM by NickS »

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 01:22:55 PM »
It's not the PETA issue, it's the fact that he's vetoed so many episodes of TPIR, especially the ones from when his era of the show was in its prime. How can I support a man who's done such a beyond horrific thing?

chad1m

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 01:24:40 PM »
It's not the PETA issue, it's the fact that he's murdered so many people, especially the ones from when his era of the show was in its prime. How can I support a man who's done such a beyond horrific thing?
Oh, I'm sorry. That's what you should have said to warrant a proper use of the word "horrific."

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
It's not the PETA issue, it's the fact that he's vetoed so many episodes of TPIR, especially the ones from when his era of the show was in its prime. How can I support a man who's done such a beyond horrific thing?
With all the questionable things Barker's done over the years, this is the one you choose to label "beyond horrific?"

Get a clue.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 01:48:08 PM »
Oh, I'm sorry. That's what you should have said to warrant a proper use of the word "horrific."
Q to the F to the motherfarking T.

/I'd have been down with this about three months ago, back when the rule was that you had to be dead first
//Not sure Pam Anderson is who Postmaster Donahoe had in mind
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2011, 01:53:07 PM »
beyond horrific
Clearly, someone is NOT moving on to my bonus round.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MyronMMeyer

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011, 04:30:26 PM »
It's bugging the hell out of me that this is being reported as if these were "real" stamps being issued by the Postal Service. PETA is just ordering a bunch of sheets from stamps.com with famous vegetarians on them. You can go there and order valid personalized stamps with pretty much anything you want on them. I got a bunch with my neighbor's dog on them for his Christmas present about 5 years ago.

Here's an article about the one with Russel Simmons on it that has a better look at what kind of stamp it is.

-M

gameshowcrazy

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
It's bugging the hell out of me that this is being reported as if these were "real" stamps being issued by the Postal Service. PETA is just ordering a bunch of sheets from stamps.com with famous vegetarians on them. You can go there and order valid personalized stamps with pretty much anything you want on them. I got a bunch with my neighbor's dog on them for his Christmas present about 5 years ago.

Here's an article about the one with Russel Simmons on it that has a better look at what kind of stamp it is.

-M
When these personalized stamps first came out, The Smoking Gun decided to see what they could get away with, and they got Hitler on a stamp.

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »
When these personalized stamps first came out, The Smoking Gun decided to see what they could get away with, and they got Hitler on a stamp.
Not quite.  

Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, Monica Lewinsky's blue dress, Linda Tripp, Slobodan Milosevic, Jimmy Hoffa, Nicolae Ceaucescu, NJ Gov. James McGreevey and friend, and Ted Kaczynski, for those keeping score at home in 2004.
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011, 09:18:04 PM »
It's bugging the hell out of me that this is being reported as if these were "real" stamps being issued by the Postal Service. PETA is just ordering a bunch of sheets from stamps.com with famous vegetarians on them.
Now, see, I was wondering about that when I looked at them really close. That actually makes a TON more since considering that the article I linked was barely ten weeks old, and you'd think there would be a fair amount more lag time before a decree like that and the first official stamps.

I shall go out of my way to be a Person Eating a Tasty Animal tomorrow in their honor.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »

Now see, Joe? THIS is the epitome of epic fail.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

J.R.

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 04:47:25 AM »
Now see, Joe? THIS is the epitome of epic fail.
You win, sir. :-)

Now pass me the aspirin...
-Joe Raygor