Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndicated TV show thread, 2011-12  (Read 40271 times)

Jimmy Owen

Syndicated TV show thread, 2011-12
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2011, 09:14:30 AM »
Update for Detroit: Family Feud will be 7/7:30p on WWJ.  I believe this is the first time a non WOF/J! show was shown in Prime Access since The Price is Briefly Right.  And a little odd that a CBS O&O would take their own shows out of the 7 hour to do it.

Smart move for WWJ, IMO, as Steve Harvey's radio show is very popular in Detroit.  With intense promotion, WWJ may be able to increase some prime access ratings from the sitcoms on the My and CW stations.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 09:05:09 AM »
Huntsville-Decatur, AL (market #80):

Wheel - 6:30 PM on WAFF-NBC-48 (same as it's been since at least 1984)

Jeopardy! - 4:30 PM (previous season) and 6:00 PM (current season) on WAAY-ABC-31 (same as last year, most likely the only syndie game show to air in HD here)

Feud - 5:00 PM and 5:30 PM (double run) on WHDF-CW-15 (same as last year)

Millionaire - 4:30 PM (current season) and 6:00 PM (previous season) on WHDF (new station; formerly aired on WHNT-CBS-19 at 6:30 PM from 2002 until this year's April 27th tornadoes; since then WHNT added a 6:30 newscast)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:08:33 AM by Tony Peters »
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

tvmitch

« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »
I can speak for market 134, but market 22? That might be the largest market to still air W/J in SD.
Still in SD on lowly WHP in market #41. Nothing in HD but network feeds for WHP.

Millionaire is in SD on WPMT in our market as well. WPMT made a big deal about their newscasts being the first to go HD, but other than network and their news, nothing else is in HD on there either.
You should follow me on Twitter

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2011, 04:15:29 AM »
Orlando, Fall 2011

WKMG-CBS:
10AM: Let's Make a Deal
11AM: Price is Right

WFTV-ABC:
10AM/10:30a: WWTBAM (New ep at 10a, Rerun at 10:30)
7:00 PM: Jeopardy!
7:30 PM: Wheel of Fortune

WKCF-CW:
12:30a/1 AM: Cash Cab

WRDQ-Independent:
6 PM/7 PM: Family Feud

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2011, 11:44:03 AM »
WPMT made a big deal about their newscasts being the first to go HD, but other than network and their news, nothing else is in HD on there either.
Sounds to me that WPMT is in the exact same situation as WAFF.  For comparison to the other Huntsville stations:

WHDF - everything other than live CW feeds is 4:3 SD

WHNT - live local news (in studio and field footage), some syndication (only Ellen so far), and live CBS feeds are 1080i HD; local commercials/promos, recorded news segments/rebroadcasts, the rest of syndication, and recorded/delayed CBS programs are 16:9 SD

WAAY - some syndication (The Doctors, Jeopardy!, and most of the Byron Allen/Entertainment Studios product) and live ABC feeds are 720p HD; everything else (including local news and recorded/delayed ABC programs) is 4:3 SD

WZDX - Recently (in late July) upgraded local commercials/promos and syndication to 720p HD, in addition to live network feeds from Fox, ESPN Regional (SEC Network), and whoever runs the Tennessee Titans Network (preseason games); local news (provided by WAAY) is still 4:3 SD.

With WHNT and WZDX (both capable of HD syndication) no longer airing any syndicated game shows as of September 19 (though WZDX has been airing the last weeks of Lyrics reruns in HD), and WAFF (which has Wheel) and WHDF (which has Feud and now Millionaire) completely incapable of HD syndication, the Huntsville market only gets one out of the three current HD syndicated game shows in its intended format (though admittedly my favorite of the bunch by far).
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2011, 01:12:39 AM »
Update for New York: as Oprah disappears from the market permanently, it appears the Millionaire double run will be returning to WABC (they previously had it for a little while). Millionaire's second airing will air at 1:07, following Kimmel, and will be paired with Scrubs, which moves from WPIX.

EDIT: Apparently Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader is going to get a week's more worth of episodes of WPIX, but they're moving it to 2:00 AM starting Monday. It'll be replacing Scrubs and will be paired with Odd Couple reruns.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:16:50 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »
Looking at Rockford, IL's listings, the only change I see (other than the addition of Cash Cab at 11 & 11:30 on MyNetwork) is Jeopardy!...Dr Phil's jumped networks, which has forced J! to move up another hour to air at 2:30!  

Is there anywhere in the country where J! and Wheel are separated by more than four hours?

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
Is there anywhere in the country where J! and Wheel are separated by more than four hours?
Meridian, Mississippi.  Jeopardy! is on at 11 AM while Wheel airs at 6:30 PM.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:00:41 AM by MikeK »

bwood

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2011, 11:02:30 AM »
Columbus/Zanesville, OH

WSYX has moved Millionaire to their old Dr. Oz slot. (9am-10am). New episode at 9, repeat at 9:30.  
Dr. Oz jumped to WBNS.

GTN23 (ion) has Feud at 5:30pm and 7pm, both listed as new. (I don't get this channel on my lineup but it is included in the broadcast listings)

WHIZ in Zanesville still has Feud at 12:30pm. (I now have to pick this up via antenna. According to DirecTV, I moved into a new market. Even though I only moved into a new home on the same property. I am closer to this station than the Columbus ones (65 miles as opposed to 10 miles). I have to carry WCMH as my NBC afil and not WHIZ. Not a big loss to go without WHIZ but it would be nice to watch Feud sans antenna.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
EDIT: Apparently Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader is going to get a week's more worth of episodes of WPIX, but they're moving it to 2:00 AM starting Monday. It'll be replacing Scrubs and will be paired with Odd Couple reruns.

Wow...haven't seen Odd Couple in a long time.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Fedya

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2011, 03:06:50 PM »
I think I saw an Odd Couple rerun on MeTV over the weekend.  I don't know if you get that on any of the sub-channels in your local area.  

Seeing Joan Blondell on an episode of Starsky and Hutch on RTV was a hoot, too.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2011, 03:32:17 PM »
I think I saw an Odd Couple rerun on MeTV over the weekend.  I don't know if you get that on any of the sub-channels in your local area.  
At the risk of turning this thread too far afield, I am intrigued at least in concept by the two rival subchannel broadcasters (MeTV and AntennaTV) that are the current home of nostalgia programming.  Unfortunately, I don't get either one in my area, thought the MeTV website erroneously has a Lansing affiliate on its map.  I've always wondered why those kinds of operations don't throw in a classic game show or two.  Agreeing on fees and rights is always an issue, but specifically, I'd love to see one of them trot out Bill Cullen's version of The $25,000 Pyramid, especially since many of the celebrities on that version were starring in the very shows those stations carry.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:32:28 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2011, 10:23:34 AM »
Over the past several hours, I had fun looking through old issues of David Gleason's Broadcast Syndication Magazine on his website. They are some of the rarest magazines ever, as I've never once seen them turn up on Ebay. I don't even know if they continued into the 1990s, or if they're still around.

It's also amazing how far back in advance they had syndicated productions planned. The 1988 revival of Family Feud with Ray Combs was announced as early as 1987. And in regards to off-network syndicated versions of sitcoms, they had a package of Mama's Family episodes, basically all 35 NBC episodes from 1983-1984, and the first 75 episodes of the syndicated version from 1986-1989, and a package of Mr. Belvedere episodes, the first 95 episodes from 1985-1989, (both of which began in fall '89), announced as early as 1987.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 10:25:49 AM by gameshowlover87 »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2011, 11:00:37 AM »
Broadcasting (Broadcasting and Cable) is still around, but as is the case of just about every magazine I used to enjoy reading (looking at you TV Guide and Variety), it is a mere shadow of its former self.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:02:02 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2011, 12:38:33 PM »
announced as early as 1987.

This is not unusual.  I remember TVGuide and newspaper Entertainment section articles back in the day that announced sales of sitcoms into syndication when had only been on a couple of years.  The reruns wouldn't be available until the show reached its fifth season.  I always wondered back then, what if it gets cancelled before then?  None of them ever were!  I guess the shows were popular enough early on that the networks gave them a committment.

The most recent one I can think of is Home Improvement.  During its second season ABC announced it was renewed for three more years.  Sometime shortly after I remember reading an article about the show's syndication sales, which were still years away from airing.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!