Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fall 2011 Season Start Dates  (Read 3271 times)

DoItRockapella

Fall 2011 Season Start Dates
« on: August 05, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »
It's getting close to September...does anybody know the season start dates for syndicated shows this year? I'm fairly certain that Family Feud starts on September 12, but that's the only one I even have a guess on.

My apologies for asking the exact same question I asked in August 2010...but I like knowing...

golden-road

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »
Dunno about Wheel & J!, but Feud does start on 9/12; I believe Millionaire does as well. TPiR starts on the 19th, I assume LMAD does as well.

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »
In recent years, Wheel and J! have started the second Monday in September, so I'm guessing this year will also be 9/12.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chad1m

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
Who Wants to be a Millionaire: September 5th [size="1"](Source)[/size]
Family Feud: September 12th [size="1"](Source)[/size]
Wheel of Fortune: September 19th [size="1"](Source)[/size]
Jeopardy!: September 19th [size="1"](Logic dictates Wheel and Jeopardy! will start the same day.)[/size]
The Price is Right: September 19th [size="1"](The CBS.com rerun schedule ends the Friday before.)[/size]
Let's Make a Deal: September 19th [size="1"](Price and Deal premiered on the same date last year.)[/size]

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:29:38 PM »
I was under the impression that most of the shows are starting on the 19th instead of the 12th, because this year will be the 10th anniversary of 9/11. With 9/11 falling on a Sunday, they're probably expecting a decent amount of 9/11-related specials on the 12th.

Totally ex-recto, but I'm not professing it to be any more.
Bobby Peacock

DoItRockapella

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 03:33:14 PM »
Who Wants to be a Millionaire: September 5th [size="1"](Source)[/size]
Family Feud: September 12th [size="1"](Source)[/size]
Wheel of Fortune: September 19th [size="1"](Source)[/size]
Jeopardy!: September 19th [size="1"](Logic dictates Wheel and Jeopardy! will start the same day.)[/size]
The Price is Right: September 19th [size="1"](The CBS.com rerun schedule ends the Friday before.)[/size]
Let's Make a Deal: September 19th [size="1"](Price and Deal premiered on the same date last year.)[/size]

That seems pretty definitive. Thanks Chad.

tpirfan28

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 03:36:07 PM »
All the network's primetime programming starts on the 19th, so it's pretty much a lock that TPIR/Deal start then too.

No new syndicated fare this year?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

golden-road

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 04:02:42 PM »
All the network's primetime programming starts on the 19th, so it's pretty much a lock that TPIR/Deal start then too.

First time since '07.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 09:13:37 PM »

First time since '07.

And considering some of the duds (Crosswords, Temptation, Trivial Pursuit, Don't Forget the Lyrics) I'd say syndicators aren't thrilled about their potential.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 09:32:39 PM »
And considering some of the duds (Crosswords, Temptation, Trivial Pursuit, Don't Forget the Lyrics) I'd say syndicators aren't thrilled about their potential.
There's also the whole "Let's Be The New Oprah" thing going on.
This signature is currently under construction.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »

Has the whole "We want the next Judge Judy" craze died yet?

(All I know is that she's overtaken Wheel as most popular if what I read on B&C is right, and that at least one of the judge shows is going away.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

William_S.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 12:33:56 AM »
Sadly Yes...

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »
Has the whole "We want the next Judge Judy" craze died yet?

(All I know is that she's overtaken Wheel as most popular if what I read on B&C is right, and that at least one of the judge shows is going away.)
For the most part, but companies are still trying...with Nancy Grace and a knockoff called Texas Justice premiering this past season, I wouldn't say it's dead yet...just laying in a trunk somewhere trying to stop the blood loss.

With the Judge Judy ratings....it seems like she's on in some markets as much as three or four times a day...does this matter for the ratings (I.e. Would they take the average of all appearances, take the highest, etc.)

Concerning Oprah, she had three types of shows: giveaways, A-listers, and people with serious problems...not to mention some self promoting Conglom-o stuff sprinkled in for good measure . If syndicators are looking for a show that will get them all of this right away, that's not gonna happen. It's gonna take YEARS for any talk show to evolve into something anywhere near as dominant as Oprah was...right now, they need to look for brand new unestablished names..swim around the talent pool a little more than hiring one (or a group of) has beens.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:36:31 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 01:44:49 PM »
For the most part, but companies are still trying...with Nancy Grace and a knockoff called Texas Justice premiering this past season, I wouldn't say it's dead yet...just laying in a trunk somewhere trying to stop the blood loss.
Texas Justice was a court show from the early 2000s which ran for 3 or 4 seasons.  It's definitely not new.  I have seen reruns of it on American Life.

With the Judge Judy ratings....it seems like she's on in some markets as much as three or four times a day...does this matter for the ratings (I.e. Would they take the average of all appearances, take the highest, etc.)
The new syndicated ratings combine the ratings for each broadcast of a show.  It's a great way to boost your numbers, especially if you're in a market like Cleveland where Judge Judy airs 4 times per day, 11 AM to Noon and 4 PM to 5 PM.

tpirfan28

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »
Anderson Friggin' Cooper.

Nancy Grace isn't Nancy Grace anymore - it's Judge Jackie Glass.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"