Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Contraption  (Read 1632 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Contraption
« on: June 01, 2011, 09:29:14 PM »
Anyone remember the kids game show Contraption? It was one of the very first shows on The Disney Channel from when it launched in April 1983. Kids were shown clips from Disney movies, and then answered questions about them. My questions are, was it a daily or weekly program. Also how many years of first-run episodes were there? Finally, was the second run of airings from March-October 1989 new episodes or reruns?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:29:54 PM by gameshowlover87 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Contraption
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:41:04 PM »
I can answer but one of these questions:
Anyone remember the kids game show Contraption?
Yep.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dscungio

Contraption
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 12:12:17 PM »
Anyone remember the kids game show Contraption? It was one of the very first shows on The Disney Channel from when it launched in April 1983. Kids were shown clips from Disney movies, and then answered questions about them. My questions are, was it a daily or weekly program. Also how many years of first-run episodes were there? Finally, was the second run of airings from March-October 1989 new episodes or reruns?

Unless I can find any schedules from the early days of the Disney Channel, I don't remember if it was a daily or weekly program.  But I do know that there were only 40 episodes.

I suggest that you contact Bill Cotter ("billc@billcotter.com"), the author of The Wonderful World of Disney Television: A Complete History, a book detailing every Disney-produced TV show.  The book is out of print and doesn't have the exact information you're looking for, but I'm sure Bill will try to answer your questions.

Dean

brianhenke

Contraption
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 02:05:04 PM »
I remember it was pulled from Disney Channel in the summer of '83 and replaced with Donald Duck Presents.

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

dmota104

Contraption
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »
Recollection's a bit vague.  But I'm about 85% certain this was just a weekly series.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Contraption
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
Recollection's a bit vague.  But I'm about 85% certain this was just a weekly series.
Mine is too (especially because we didn't get Disney Channel at Chateau Lemon in those days, as it was being sold as a pay channel like Showtime or HBO, before the days of tiered cable), but I want to remember that it was one of those things where it was one-new-show-a-week, as you suggest, but reaired a bunch of times throughout said week, as pay TV was wont to do in those days.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe