Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Newlywed Game, Shepherd Season 2...  (Read 3559 times)

urbanpreppie05

Newlywed Game, Shepherd Season 2...
« on: April 22, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »
Slight changes...

-no announcer...Sherri introduces the couples at the top of the show and reads the prize description
-New logo and graphics (Better, IMHO)
-No classic theme, some dance-type one instead
-Set was updated- no more moving parts, the curved wall is against the wall with a side alcove with the new logo on it
-Intro is different...sherri's says a quick joke, she intro's the couples, the new theme plays over he shots of her posing with big relationshipy words, and the show starts.
insert signature here

bandit_bobby

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 10:09:34 PM »
Also, the number of months each couple has been married to begin every game are no longer revealed.

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 12:05:57 PM »
Also, the number of months each couple has been married to begin every game are no longer revealed.

I figure it's safe to say it's under two years. That probably hasn't changed, but it would be nice to superimpose that info on the screen. Sherri seems to have found her groove and is rolling with the punches. The set seems more "glitzly" now.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 12:21:04 PM »
I figure it's safe to say it's under two years.
From a GSN posting on Facebook...

Do You Want to Win a Second Honeymoon?!?! If you are married 5 years or less apply to be a contestant on THE NEWLYWED GAME!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 12:40:53 PM »
Do You Want to Win a Second Honeymoon?!?! If you are married 5 years or less apply to be a contestant on THE NEWLYWED GAME!!!
That amuses me. The median length of a marriage in this country right now is 11 years, and you're still considered a newlywed after FIVE?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tvwxman

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 03:41:17 PM »
That amuses me. The median length of a marriage in this country right now is 11 years, and you're still considered a newlywed after FIVE?
Hear hear. This is gross exaggeration. Thousands of marriages don't go 5 years...and they're not considered newlyweds when they're jumping into THAT abyss.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

William_S.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »
-No announcer...Sherri introduces the couples at the top of the show and reads the prize description
]So far, So good.

-New logo and graphics (Better, IMHO)
] So did the 1980s, Let's just avoid the 1990 "Rodvival"

-No classic theme, some dance-type one instead
]Just as long as it's not I won....No I'm not gonna do.

-Set was updated- no more moving parts, the curved wall is against the wall with a side alcove with the new logo on it
] Ok Again Please stay away from anything related to the "Rodvival" or to a lesser extent, the 2000 Spanish version (also done for the USA)

-Intro is different...sherri's says a quick joke, she intro's the couples, the new theme plays over he shots of her posing with big relationshipy words, and the show starts.
] Uhhh..... I'm not too sure about this....

But really what Am I complaining about? I rarely watch the show...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:35:52 PM by William_S. »

TonicBH

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 02:00:05 PM »
] Ok Again Please stay away from anything related to the "Rodvival" or to a lesser extent, the 2000 Spanish version (also done for the USA)

Could you explain to the class what the hell "Rodvival" means? When Rodriguez took over in the 80s? The 1990s version? The version done by Rod Schmitt in his basement?
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »
Could you explain to the class what the hell "Rodvival" means? When Rodriguez took over in the 80s?
That's what I took it to mean.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

William_S.

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 03:30:08 AM »
When Rodriguez took over in the 80s? The 1990s version? The version done by Rod Schmitt in his basement?

Uh yeah That's what I meant.