Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Power of 10 coming to GSN  (Read 5216 times)

BillCullen1

Power of 10 coming to GSN
« on: March 25, 2011, 08:57:01 PM »
Wow! This came out of the blue. According to Buzzerblog, GSN has acquired the reruns of the CBS show Power of 10, hosted by Drew Carey. It will air at 7 pm EST on weeknights, starting Monday, March 21, replacing Howie Mandel's DOND. Maybe we'll get to see the two episodes CBS did NOT air. This was the show that impressd CBS pres Les Moonves enough to give Drew the TPIR hosting job.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 11:09:55 PM by BillCullen1 »

That Don Guy

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:38:56 PM »
Maybe we'll get to see the two episodes CBS did NOT air.
Wouldn't this mean somebody would have to pay the contestants on those episodes?  (Assuming they didn't already - I am under the impression that, while the contestants on the two episodes of Our Little Genius that never aired because of the controversy were paid, the contestants on the unaired episodes of The Rich List were not.)

-- Don

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 03:25:31 PM »
7 PM weeknights?  Weren't there only about a dozen or so episodes of this?  It'll get old real quick.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
7 PM weeknights?  Weren't there only about a dozen or so episodes of this?  It'll get old real quick.
That's the problem: it won't get old. With only a dozen episodes, every episode will be nu-nu-nu!

tvmitch

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 01:51:35 PM »
That's the problem: it won't get old. With only a dozen episodes, every episode will be nu-nu-nu!
Perhaps this is the next GSN format re-do. Top prize $100K. Very doable and more appropriate for the format.
You should follow me on Twitter

That Don Guy

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 03:49:27 PM »
Perhaps this is the next GSN format re-do. Top prize $100K. Very doable and more appropriate for the format.

Presumably, either they get rid of the 40% question in the bonus round, or the first question is worth $10 (and if you go on and get the next one wrong, you leave with $1.)

(Side note: how many shows had $1 as a possible prize?  Off-hand, I can think of:
  • TPIR (Grand Game, if you miss the first item; in theory, you can win 12 cents in Any Number, but I don't remember the zero ever being the first digit in the piggy bank)
  • The Moneymaze [I don't remember the title being two words] (if you got the 1 but none of the 0s and made it back out in time)
  • $128,000 Question (if you missed before reaching $4000)
  • Chain Reaction (in the first version of the bonus round on NBC, you had to get eight in 60 seconds; you started with $1, and half of the next zero would light up after each correct answer)
  • Showoffs (in the first version of the bonus round, getting one correct in the 60-second portion and none in the 20-second portion)
Also, $2 was a possible prize on Family Feud, at least in the ABC episodes)

-- Don

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 04:04:23 PM »
Jeopardy!, too. (Although you'd think these days if you won the game with a buck they would augment your score to $2,000 at least, 'cuz it would be lame to win less than the second-place finisher, coming back tomorrow be damned.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:04:37 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

dale_grass

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 04:04:58 PM »
Also, $2 was a possible prize on Family Feud, at least in the ABC episodes)

How?  You needed at least $200 to win The Feud, and the lowest non-zero score possible in Fast Money was (and still is) $10.

Or are you talking prizes awarded after each question?  Then yeah, $2 it is.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 04:07:10 PM by dale_grass »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 06:52:34 PM »
Jeopardy!, too. (Although you'd think these days if you won the game with a buck they would augment your score to $2,000 at least, 'cuz it would be lame to win less than the second-place finisher, coming back tomorrow be damned.)
It's actually happened a handful of times that the winner of the day's game finishes with less than $2,000.  They've made it very clear that there's no "house minimum" except for the consolation prizes.  It's probably happened that a player won on his first appearance,  came in third in his return appearance, and made less than a single second-place finish.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 09:14:33 PM »
(Side note: how many shows had $1 as a possible prize?  Off-hand, I can think of:
For TPIR and Chain, does it matter that there was a prize you had to win to get the chance at the one dollar? The only other ones I can think of were shows where you had a show-ending Wager of Death and it allowed you to bet in dollars; viz Street Smarts and Make Me Laugh.
Travis L. Eberle

mxc0427

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »
Tonight's airing of Power of 10 seemed to be one of the two unaired shows. So, if you are looking for a "new" episode, try tuning in tomorrow!

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 01:17:04 AM »
Deal or No Deal came to mind immediately.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
It took you three weeks to immediately come up with that?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Armadillo
It took you three weeks to immediately come up with that?
Well excuse the hell out of me for making a post three days after the most recent one and not noticing the date of the original post.
--Mark
Phil 4:13