Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Hub picks up 2 new shows...  (Read 2699 times)

weaklink75

The Hub picks up 2 new shows...
« on: March 24, 2011, 12:02:57 PM »
Per Buzzerblog, "The Game of Life" and "Scrabble Showdown" are coming soon, "Family Game Night" is renewed, and they bought the reruns of the half-hour version of 5th Grader...

Nice to see that Frank Nicotero is getting another gameshow (Game of Life)- I always liked Street Smarts, and he deserved another gig...It may not be the Scrabble we all remember, but it should be fine..and I'm expecting "FGN" to introduce a couple of new rounds next season to keep it fresh- something based on "JiGaZo" (a jigsaw puzzle that uses the same set of pieces to form many different pictures using computer-generated blueprints) might work...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »
As soon as I saw the phrase "virtual world" I lost what little interest I may have had in The Game Of Life. The only way that works is if they do it as an updated version of Video Village with a Life-sized (I kill me! Hah!) PHYSICAL gameboard.

/screw that, revive El Gran Juego De La Oca
//"Bobby, can you guess why we're putting your sister in this dog-bite suit and slathering her with fire-retardant gel?"

(I have to say there is a lot to like about Family Game Night, though, if you completely ignore the metagame and can get past the fact that it's an hour-long ad. (Of course, if you're watching The Hub in the first place, you're already past that.) Also, when you can spot one on sale, pick up Scrabble Flash. Target often drops the price to $20. Worth every penny.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 02:19:24 PM »
It may not be the Scrabble we all remember, but it should be fine..
Having seen not one but two pretty awful GSN pilots that would have hewn a little more faithfully to the board game, let me tell you that there are any number of ways a TV adaptation could come out somewhat less than "fine".
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 02:50:44 PM »
Having seen not one but two pretty awful GSN pilots that would have hewn a little more faithfully to the board game, let me tell you that there are any number of ways a TV adaptation could come out somewhat less than "fine".
I remember the Kennedy one. Who did the other?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 02:57:56 PM »
O'Hurley.  

Relevant to nothing except my own ego, my understanding is that my name was ever-so-briefly floated as a possible host for this project.  To my knowledge, the only time that ever happened, or ever will.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:14:03 PM »
O'Hurley.  

Relevant to nothing except my own ego, my understanding is that my name was ever-so-briefly floated as a possible host for this project.  To my knowledge, the only time that ever happened, or ever will.

The strange thing is, is that Bob Boden was at GSN at the time

vtown7

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 07:28:19 PM »
O'Hurley.  

See, this is why we need the "+" option to work.  For times like these.

BillCullen1

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 08:25:38 PM »
So the Hub beats out GSN for 5th Grader. But it's a good fit for them. And while I like Family Game Night, they seem to be playing the same games all the time. How about Scattergories, Outburst, Pictionary or Trivial Pursuit (obviously not a full game of it). These are all Hasbro properties, AFAIK.

Jamey Greek

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »
So the Hub beats out GSN for 5th Grader. But it's a good fit for them. And while I like Family Game Night, they seem to be playing the same games all the time. How about Scattergories, Outburst, Pictionary or Trivial Pursuit (obviously not a full game of it). These are all Hasbro properties, AFAIK.

I agree about FGN.  During the new season there needs to be a variety.  It gets stale after a while.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »
Has Frank Nicotero overcome his propensity for shouting his way through every show?

chrisholland03

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »
Has Frank Nicotero overcome his propensity for shouting his way through every show?

Sorry, didn't hear that.  Can you speak a little louder?

tvwxman

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 09:21:21 PM »
I'm sure that's exactly how he got hired again.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"