Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ESPN's Hearsay on "SportsCenter"  (Read 2371 times)

dmota104

ESPN's Hearsay on "SportsCenter"
« on: November 29, 2003, 03:51:38 PM »
Should ESPN spinoff the "Hearsay" game segment on "SportsCenter" and just make it another ESPN original entertainment series?

I know what you're thinking.  As long as they don't tap Chris Wylde to host, right?
(Well, that and it seems like movies, "Playmakers", Jim Rome and reality series would take precedent.)

Still, put Kenny Mayne as host for this (just like he's doing in the SC segments), have celebrity/civilian teams compete and roll from there.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 03:52:04 PM by dmota104 »

melman1

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »
ESPN should stop thinking that it can do "original entertainment" that anyone wants to watch.  Sports Center is a horrid mishmash of music videos, crappy pseudo-games, Top 10 Lists, and Chris Berman's patter that was out-of-style 15 years ago.  Scores and highlights are almost an afterthought.  "NFL Primetime" shows probably half the highlight footage that it once did.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

Starkman

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 05:14:39 PM »
Ill agree bout sportscenter, its getting pretty pathetic (Coors Light nightcap?!?!) But the other EOE series are pretty entertaining, not the best but a fair effort and their discussions of late are great (4 downs is hillarious and PTI is a staple). Do NOT think hearsay is strong enough for a regualr game show though, Its Taboo and Taboo is just an extension of Pyramid. aka Yawn. I do wish they would put some game show back on, some athlete/civvie show may work again now, Hearsay may be a start but would need more.

I still say that 2 minute drill should come back, it was a great format for a big money tourney quizzer and one of the few sports game shows that could work as a general knowledge game ("Firing squad" as a title anyone) Only thing id have would be regulars so we wouldnt have problems with bad readers (cough rebecca lobo cough)

Gus

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 06:12:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Nov 29 2003, 06:14 PM\'] I still say that 2 minute drill should come back, it was a great format for a big money tourney quizzer and one of the few sports game shows that could work as a general knowledge game ("Firing squad" as a title anyone) [/quote]
 Uh, wasn't 2-Minute Drill based off of the British show Mastermind, itself a general-knowledge quizzer?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 07:08:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Nov 29 2003, 04:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Nov 29 2003, 06:14 PM\'] I still say that 2 minute drill should come back, it was a great format for a big money tourney quizzer and one of the few sports game shows that could work as a general knowledge game ("Firing squad" as a title anyone) [/quote]
Uh, wasn't 2-Minute Drill based off of the British show Mastermind, itself a general-knowledge quizzer? [/quote]
 Pretty much, yeah.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe