Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Broadcasting Magazine  (Read 198401 times)

aaron sica

Broadcasting Magazine
« Reply #495 on: December 04, 2012, 01:01:34 AM »
Any game shows by Lancit Media?

Why don't you search for yourself?

Because he's Fan4Sure and that's not his style?

Yeah, I'm sure it will fall on deaf ears, but you can't fault a man for trying.........:)

Jamey Greek

Broadcasting Magazine
« Reply #496 on: December 05, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »
On Page 42 there is mention about a pilot considered for NBC's Fall 1987 Daytime Lineup called Strike a Match produced by Merv Griffin.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/Archive-BC/BC-1987/BC-1987-06-08.pdf

narzo

Broadcasting Magazine
« Reply #497 on: December 05, 2012, 05:49:26 PM »
On Page 42 there is mention about a pilot considered for NBC's Fall 1987 Daytime Lineup called Strike a Match produced by Merv Griffin.

http://www.americanr...-1987-06-08.pdf

There's actually 2 things in that article I found more interesting, both bad predictions on NBCs part:

1.  In order to stay on the air, "Scrabble" will have to hold on to more of "Wheel"s lead in.  (which show vanished first?)

2.  continue the growth of "Santa Barbara" and improve "Another World" or replace it.  (yeah, same story as above)

OH!, wait a minute, that's Brian Frons speaking.  The same genius who canceled "One Life To Live" and replaced it with the exceptional "The Revolution".  At least ABC showed him the door.

GSmaniac

Broadcasting Magazine
« Reply #498 on: December 21, 2012, 07:04:54 PM »
Well to be fair, NBC couldn't have predicted "Wheel" to be "Benirschked

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Broadcasting Magazine
« Reply #499 on: December 22, 2012, 02:02:21 PM »
Well to be fair, NBC couldn't have predicted "Wheel" to be "Benirschked

Is that pronounced "Be-nirschkt" or "Be-nirsch-cud"?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

BrandonFG

Broadcasting Magazine
« Reply #500 on: December 22, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »
I go with the latter. Either way, the word sounds like bad news. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

danderson

Re: Broadcasting Magazine
« Reply #501 on: August 13, 2015, 07:40:04 AM »

http://www.americanr...-1987-06-08.pdf

There's actually 2 things in that article I found more interesting, both bad predictions on NBCs part:

1.  In order to stay on the air, "Scrabble" will have to hold on to more of "Wheel"s lead in.  (which show vanished first?)

2.  continue the growth of "Santa Barbara" and improve "Another World" or replace it.  (yeah, same story as above)

OH!, wait a minute, that's Brian Frons speaking.  The same genius who canceled "One Life To Live" and replaced it with the exceptional "The Revolution".  At least ABC showed him the door.
i wonder would have NBC considered moving "Santa Barbara" to the morning(i know soaps didn't work in that time slot but it might had have a decent chance against TPIR) that would have left "Sale Of The Century", " Classic Concentration" and "Santa Barbara" as their morning lineup...

danderson

« Reply #502 on: August 13, 2015, 10:58:07 AM »
if NBC wanted to  continue the growth of "Santa Barbara" they could have put it between "Sale" and "Wheel"(although that might have been a risk then) but i think that  "Santa Barbara" would have done well against "Card Sharks" on CBS so TPIR may not had been a big factor i think a soap could have done well in the morning if it was the right show (in this case "Santa Barbara") it might have done well against CS to last a while but what happens if NBC grabs TTD or The Challengers in 90 i doubt NBC signs Patrick Wayne for TTD  but they would have gotten Dick Clark for The Challengers(after all he was the producer and he would have been the best choice to do it) maybe NBC grabs Wink to do TTD in 90  NBC has a winning lineup all of a sudden with  "Tic Tac Dough", "Santa Barbara" and "The Challengers"  now NBC needs to find something at 12:30 following the news.. it finds a midday news show starring "Today" newscaster Faith Daniels and it proves to give "The Young and The Restless" tough competition at 12:30.. causing NBC's lineup to get good just at the right time and CBS starts to find its number 1 spot in daytime challenged for the first time since 1980
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:16:38 AM by danderson »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #503 on: August 13, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
NBC was trying to get away from daytime game shows in the early 90's.  They were getting poor ratings with the ones they had.  That's why you were seeing stuff like "One on One with John Tesh," "Trialwatch," "Cover to Cover," "A Closer Look." "John and Leeza" "The Other Side," "Jane Whitney" etc.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

oaklandfan2kx

« Reply #504 on: August 13, 2015, 04:53:04 PM »
NBC was trying to get away from daytime game shows in the early 90's.  They were getting poor ratings with the ones they had.  That's why you were seeing stuff like "One on One with John Tesh," "Trialwatch," "Cover to Cover," "A Closer Look." "John and Leeza" "The Other Side," "Jane Whitney" etc.

That was before Access Hollywood and EXTRA came into syndication on the NBC O&O's not to mention Ellen and Steve Harvey.

BrandonFG

« Reply #505 on: August 13, 2015, 05:10:51 PM »
Quite a few years, actually. Jimmy is referring to c. 1991-92.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

danderson

« Reply #506 on: August 13, 2015, 06:01:39 PM »
i am mentioning 1990-91

danderson

« Reply #507 on: August 13, 2015, 08:24:12 PM »
but lets say NBC was not getting poor ratings with the game shows they had..or if they got tough with preemptions by the late 80s lets say that NBC does well with "Sale", "Santa Barbara" and "Wheel" having two games and a soap proves to be a good thing for them  don't know if CBS would have a chance at 10 then even with "Feud"  and at the same time NBC finds out that "Another World" is starting to sink..

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #508 on: August 13, 2015, 09:31:46 PM »
Let's say my aunt had balls. Would she be my uncle?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

johnnya2k3

« Reply #509 on: August 16, 2017, 08:56:58 PM »
Love Connection and Studs were duking it out for relationship show supremacy in late 1991, and two dueling ads proved a point.

20th Century Fox proclaimed "'LOVE' LOST" on pages 32-33 in the November 25, 1991 issue, showing that Studs surpassed LC in the 18-34 and 18-49 demos. (aka the "money demo")

But the following week as seen in pages 10-11, Warner Bros. fought back; though Studs was also up among kids and teens 2-17, Love Connection beat Studs in the 25-54s (which is generally the "news demo")!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:36:06 PM by johnnya2k3 »