Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hole in the Wall coming back  (Read 5250 times)

Lirodon

Hole in the Wall coming back
« on: July 14, 2010, 08:26:11 PM »
With teams of teens and adults

To me, this is just a big joke. Cartoon Network has been going downhill as a whole, and pretty much the only good things on that channel lately have been Chowder, Adventure Time, and Flapjack. To say that a so-called "cartoon network" has been doing live-action programming is downright ridiculous. And when its Hole in the Wall ... would it work better on a channel like this, or should we not even think about it?

Personally, I think it could have at least worked a little better on Nickelodeon (could have filled the pool with their famous brand of green slime), but still, the fact its coming back at all is just mind-boggling.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:55:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Lirodon\' post=\'244146\' date=\'Jul 14 2010, 07:26 PM\']Personally, I think it could have at least worked a little better on Nickelodeon (could have filled the pool with their famous brand of green slime), but still, the fact its coming back at all is just mind-boggling.[/quote]
So what makes you think think it'll work better on Nickelodeon than Cartoon Network? Is CN going to fill the pool with dirty syringes or cow's blood instead of slime? Honestly, I like the idea of coming back with kids/teens instead of adults, even though the game is one dimensional.

I remember a couple years ago, Cartoon Network actually ran a promo with their "unknown body"  (Think the basic body figure from ModNation Racers painted white) playing Hole In The Wall. Maybe they've been interested longer than we think.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Mr. Brown

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 12:47:05 AM »
Well, it might be appropriate for Cartoon Network's [adult swim] block, and I half expect that's where something like this might end up. The article doesn't say, unfortunately.
Cheers,
Mr. Brown, Esq.
‎"I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body." -Charlie Sheen

Hastin

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:04:07 AM »
[quote name=\'William_S.\' post=\'244177\' date=\'Jul 14 2010, 11:44 PM\'].....
http://www.bingegamer.net/wp-content/uploa...ic-facepalm.jpg[/quote]

Ironically, the no-hotlinking message for that link works just as well.
-Hastin :)

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 11:38:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Lirodon\' post=\'244146\' date=\'Jul 14 2010, 08:26 PM\']To say that a so-called "cartoon network" has been doing live-action programming is downright ridiculous.[/quote]
Excuse me, could you tell me what MTV stands for?
This signature is currently under construction.

mmb5

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »
Cable channels have an FCC exemption from Words Have Meanings.  Arena Football has aired on Outdoor Life Network.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 01:06:25 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'244195\' date=\'Jul 15 2010, 09:14 AM\']Arena Football has aired on Outdoor Life Network.[/quote]
In their defense, it was pretty obvious that the morph to Versus was in progress at that point. :)

/and it's been proven that you *can* play hockey outdoors
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Lirodon\' post=\'244146\' date=\'Jul 14 2010, 07:26 PM\']Cartoon Network is just a big joke.[/quote]
FTFY.  It was much better when they were showing mostly classics and trotting out occasional new things.

Gee, sounds like the gripe of a certain *other* channel.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Fedya

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 02:12:30 PM »
FTFY. It was much better when they were showing mostly classics and trotting out occasional new things.

AMC?  VH1 Classic?  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 02:17:36 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'244201\' date=\'Jul 15 2010, 01:22 PM\'][quote name=\'Lirodon\' post=\'244146\' date=\'Jul 14 2010, 07:26 PM\']Cartoon Network is just a big joke.[/quote]
FTFY.  It was much better when they were showing mostly classics and trotting out occasional new things.[/quote]
I was pleasantly surprised when I ran into classic Tom and Jerry cartoons during the lunch hour on Cartoon Network earlier this week.  Tom and Jerry : Cartoon Network :: Card Sharks : GSN?

I can't see Hole in the Wall being on Adult Swim, unless the wall looks like Meatwad and occasionally morphs into Samurai Lincoln.

tpirfan28

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 02:22:27 PM »
They had my viewership a while back when they brought back Looney Tunes cartoons.  Ever since they're dead to me.

/Real people on Cartoon Network = fail.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 02:50:16 PM »
I think the only time I ever watch the channel anymore is for The Boondocks, and when I can remember, the occasional Family Guy rerun. The former is supposedly ending after this season,  and I can now watch the latter at 7:30 on a local channel (although the syndication editing is absolutely atrocious).

They lost me when [adult swim] just got to be TOO damn weird for the sake of being weird.

/Wait, I did like Assy McGee
//Yes, it's probably exactly what you're thinking
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'244203\' date=\'Jul 15 2010, 01:12 PM\']
FTFY. It was much better when they were showing mostly classics and trotting out occasional new things.

AMC?  VH1 Classic?  ;-)
[/quote]
I was thinking more TV Land, but those would work too.  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 03:44:27 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'244200\' date=\'Jul 15 2010, 12:06 PM\'][quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'244195\' date=\'Jul 15 2010, 09:14 AM\']Arena Football has aired on Outdoor Life Network.[/quote]
In their defense, it was pretty obvious that the morph to Versus was in progress at that point. :)

/and it's been proven that you *can* play hockey outdoors
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure use of the word 'defense' in reference to Arena Football is verboten.

/I once watched a game that finished 28-23
//now *that* was painful

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 03:46:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Armadillo\' post=\'244218\' date=\'Jul 15 2010, 12:44 PM\']I'm pretty sure use of the word 'defense' in reference to Arena Football is verboten.[/quote]
I chuckl'd.

/damn, I miss Arena Football
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe