Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Marc Summers Dialing Up Hannity Today  (Read 4017 times)

Skynet74

Marc Summers Dialing Up Hannity Today
« on: November 18, 2003, 02:32:21 AM »
I frequent another Message Board and happened to find this post about Marc Summers. Seems like Marc may spend some time listening to Talk Radio. Could a Radio job be next on Marc's Resume'? I've enclosed the post in full below.

John

Subject: Marc Summers Dialing Up Hannity Today
Posted by: DiamondJoe
Posted on: 11/17/03 10:50 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone hear that awkward yet exciting yet dumb call during Hour 1 of Sean Hannity today? Allegedly, TV personality Marc Summers (the "Double Dare" guy who now does a show on Food Network - he started his call by saying this, btw) called Sean out on being a Rush imitator. Can that listener who called in later that hour be right, is Marc auditioning for liberal talk radio? Anyone else hear this? What was that about?

DJ

inturnaround

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 07:05:24 AM »
Yeah, I just listened to it on Hannity.com (and I feel dirty about going to that site). To me, Marc came across well and Hannity instantly jumped on him, calling him a liar and mocking him for hosting a show about "the history of the tomato" (Sean's words) on the Food Network.

Marc clearly didn't want to discuss his career. He identified himself as someone in the industry. But Hannity pushed and Marc said he hosted Unwrapped (which led to the aforementioned oversimplification).  

Hannity took Marc's statement about his show becoming a Rush clone hard and he came out swinging. He called Marc a liar and a liberal even though Marc never said he was a liberal (nor did he seem to espouse any politicial ideas).

Apparently Hannity was told by a producer that Marc had hosted Double Dare, so he used it to insult him. Marc said he was proud of his work on the show and that it had paid a lot of bills in the past.

Hannity somewhere along the line indicated that Marc couldn't understand radio and that's where Marc stopped him. Marc, of course, has a lot of radio experience...but that didn't stop Hannity from mocking Marc anyway.

Then they brought on another caller who said that Marc's OCD caused him to obsess over Hannity's show.

It wasn't pretty, but Marc didn't look bad in my eyes. Hannity just came across as a shouting bully (which, I suppose, is his schtick).
Joe Coughlin     
Human

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 10:52:00 AM »
He called Marc a liar and a liberal
Lots of people get called liars but a LIBERAL! Them's fightin' words! Hannity could have gone one step further and called him a CARD-CARRYING liberal!

I suppose being equated with Rush Limbaugh is tantamount to being called a pompous blowhard. Hannity's not quite that bad.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2003, 10:52:18 AM by chris319 »

HSquares2003

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 11:20:14 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 10:52 AM\']
He called Marc a liar and a liberal
Lots of people get called liars but a LIBERAL! Them's fightin' words! Hannity could have gone one step further and called him a CARD-CARRYING liberal!

I suppose being equated with Rush Limbaugh is tantamount to being called a pompous blowhard. Hannity's not quite that bad. [/quote]
 And a oxycontin(sp?) drinking blowhard at that!

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 11:22:06 AM »
He called Marc a liar and a liberal even though Marc never said he was a liberal (nor did he seem to espouse any politicial ideas).

I always thought Marc was more on the conservative side after seeing a FDD ep where he followed a question about Dan Quayle w/the line "No Quayle jokes".

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 12:12:08 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 09:22 AM\'] I always thought Marc was more on the conservative side after seeing a FDD ep where he followed a question about Dan Quayle w/the line "No Quayle jokes".
 [/quote]
 Even us liberals like a comedic challenge every now and again. Dan Quayle is too easy.

As for Hannity shouting down Marc Summers. I'm shocked. Appalled. Totally surprised. My mouth is open. See? Open. I'm sure he would have gotten more intelligent discourse from Bill O'Reilly, if only Bill wasn't so busy proving Al Franken's points.
Hannity somewhere along the line indicated that Marc couldn't understand radio and that's where Marc stopped him. Marc, of course, has a lot of radio experience...but that didn't stop Hannity from mocking Marc anyway.
Yeah, I've never seen the facts get in the way of a Fox News "personality" making an irrelevant personal attack.

"Fair And Balanced." They need to recalibrate their scale.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

gaubster2

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 12:31:49 AM »
I head the call live, and thought to myself, "...that sounds like Marc Summers".  A few moments later it was confirmed.  I did catch Marc at least once being less than truthful as to how often he "listened to Hannity" and then contradicting himself about a minute or so later.

And to be fair, Summers did come out swinging from the get-go.  <shrug>  I can't blame Hannity for being defensive based on the tone of Marc.  Obviously though, Sean didn't know who Marc was or his background.

gaubster2

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 05:46:13 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Nov 18 2003, 11:22 AM\']
He called Marc a liar and a liberal even though Marc never said he was a liberal (nor did he seem to espouse any politicial ideas).

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]

I always thought Marc was more on the conservative side after seeing a FDD ep where he followed a question about Dan Quayle w/the line "No Quayle jokes".

(Don't think I got that "quote" thingy right, sorry)

Marc Summers called into Sean Hannity's show again today (11/19) and apologized profusely for coming out swinging on Monday's show.  He admitted to voting Republican and for McClintock in CA's most recent gubernatorial election.  I had always liked Marc and thought it was rather out of character for him (in my opinion) to conduct himself the way he did on Monday's Sean Hannity show.  I think Marc is a class-act by wanting to set the record staight and Hannity gave him the opportunity to do so.  Just a follow up.

clemon79

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 07:08:03 PM »
[quote name=\'gaubster2\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 03:46 PM\'] I think Marc is a class-act by wanting to set the record staight and Hannity gave him the opportunity to do so.  Just a follow up. [/quote]
 And did Hannity apologize for the shots that he took back?

SplitSecond

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 09:32:08 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 05:08 PM\'] And did Hannity apologize for the shots that he took back? [/quote]
 Would you expect him to?

clemon79

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2003, 10:23:22 PM »
[quote name=\'SplitSecond\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 07:32 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Nov 19 2003, 05:08 PM\'] And did Hannity apologize for the shots that he took back? [/quote]
Would you expect him to? [/quote]
 Not in the slightest. Which is exactly my point.

(Note that "expect him to" is different than "should he have"...)