Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Programs  (Read 2614 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Game Show Programs
« on: November 16, 2003, 06:55:38 PM »
Good evening to all!

I need your help. Do any of you know where I can find a computer program for such shows as Family Feud and The $25,000 Pyramid? If so, can they be customized so that I can set my own answers and subjects?

Thanks a million for your help!

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

zachhoran

Game Show Programs
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2003, 07:17:27 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Nov 16 2003, 06:55 PM\'] Good evening to all!

I need your help. Do any of you know where I can find a computer program for such shows as Family Feud and The $25,000 Pyramid? If so, can they be customized so that I can set my own answers and subjects?

Thanks a million for your help!

The Inquisitive One [/quote]
 The Pyramid computer games from 1988(Box Office) and 2001(Sierra) weren't customizable in that regard. I can think of two game show-based computer games of the 80s that had some degree of customizability. One was Match-Wits(1984 by CBS Software). It was a clone of Concentration that had players matching related pairs of words and names(a la the 1985 Orson Bean pilot) to uncover pieces of one of 16 different rebuses, but you could program your own names and words, or program your own prize and dollar amounts to make it more like the actual show. Also, High Rollers(Box Office 1988) allowed people to type in their own questions, as per a post on Usenet a while back.

SimpsonGeek

Game Show Programs
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2003, 07:38:22 PM »
One of the best (if not THE best) FF Games around: http://www.katymae.com/ff/feud.htm

JayC

Game Show Programs
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 08:25:31 PM »
this post reminds me of my very first computer, a Tandy.  The Tandy had a Family Feud game and a Pyramid game.  Hours of fun with both, and the Wheel of Fortune game I had.  Anyone else remember these?

DJDustman

Game Show Programs
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 08:36:51 PM »
I had and stil have all Commodore Game Show which I still Play occasionally...

PeterMarshallFan

Game Show Programs
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 08:38:54 PM »
I have one of the Family Feud games for the Super Nintendo that I think I got around 1992 [Ray Combs is portrayed in it, and it has the Bullseye round] You can type in your family's name, but other than that, you can't customize it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2003, 08:39:22 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

Kevin Prather

Game Show Programs
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2003, 05:53:01 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 16 2003, 08:25 PM\'] this post reminds me of my very first computer, a Tandy.  The Tandy had a Family Feud game and a Pyramid game.  Hours of fun with both, and the Wheel of Fortune game I had.  Anyone else remember these? [/quote]
 I had a Tandy as well. It came with a WOF game, a FF game, and a J! game.

Speedy G

Game Show Programs
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2003, 11:24:59 AM »
[plug]

If you have Powerpoint, you should be able to use the Pyramid presentation on my page just fine.  Customize the categories and answers at your leisure.  See sig for link.

[/plug]
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

HSquares2003

Game Show Programs
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2003, 11:27:28 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Nov 16 2003, 08:38 PM\'] I have one of the Family Feud games for the Super Nintendo that I think I got around 1992 [Ray Combs is portrayed in it, and it has the Bullseye round] You can type in your family's name, but other than that, you can't customize it. [/quote]
 You can put your family's name on the Louie CD from 2000, but that's about it for customization.

The only thing I can think of with any "customization" were some cheezy homemade versions of WOF from the '80s on the Atari computers where you could add puzzles. Trick was you had to find somebody to program them for you so you didn't remember the solutions yourself!