Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CBS 75th Anniversary week on H2  (Read 1891 times)

GS Warehouse

CBS 75th Anniversary week on H2
« on: November 04, 2003, 11:04:09 PM »
Since CBS and Hollywood Squares are in the same corporate family and the former just had its 75th anniversary special, here's something to probosculate.  If you were to book nine past or present CBS celebrities for a special week of H2 to commerate same, and schedules were no object, what would your board look like?  The only provision is these stars have to be alive now, so Lucille Ball, Ross Martin, William Conrad, et al, are out.  Here's mine:

Top row: Jane Seymour, Jamie Farr, Mary Tyler Moore
Middle row: Dixie Carter, Dick Van Dyke, Rob Reiner
Bottom row: Carol Burnett, Rose Marie, Brad Garrett

brianhenke

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 12:20:13 AM »
I say for Monday:

Top row: Ray Romano, Rose Marie, Linda Lavin
       Middle row:  Kevin James, MTM, someone from "The Young and the Restless" (number one soap for 15 years now, so someone should represent it)
       Bottom row: Jeff Probst, Marg Helgenberger (CSI), Bob Newhart

Then on Tuesday:

Top row: Romano, The Smothers Brothers (remember, they came back to CBS nearly two years after they were fired), Dixie Carter
      Middle row: James, Candice Bergen, Lucie Arnaz (remember, she did a sitcom with her mom - the ultimate CBS star)
      Bottom row: Brett, CNR and RD (a markout moment!)

Wednesday:

Top row: Newhart, Rob Morrow (Northern Exposure), Delta Burke
     Middle row: Probst, James, Ted Danson
     Bottom row: Helgenberger, Patrick Duffy (Dallas), Sherman Hemsley (Jeffersons)

Thursday:

Top row:  Newhart, Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk), David Caruso
     Middle row:  Jameson Parker (Simon & Simon), Don Adams, Lucie Arnaz
     Bottom row:  Catherine Bell (JAG), Sally Struthers, James Arness (Gunsmoke ran for 20 years, so let's put him on!)

Friday

Top row: Craig Kilborn, Morrow, Jean Smart (Designing Women)
    Middle row: Annie Potts (DW), James, Morrow
    Bottom row: Bonnie Franklin (One Day at a Time), Gary Burghoff (M*A*S*H), Helgenberger

Hey, they were all on CBS!

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

GS Warehouse

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 11:08:13 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 12:20 AM\'] Friday

Top row: Craig Kilborn, Morrow, Jean Smart (Designing Women)
    Middle row: Annie Potts (DW), James, Morrow
    Bottom row: Bonnie Franklin (One Day at a Time), Gary Burghoff (M*A*S*H), Helgenberger [/quote]
 NITPICK ALERT: You've got Rob Morrow twice on Friday's board!  Two possilibities for that lox box that came to me after the fact: Mary Steenburgen and Jason Ritter, both from Joan of Arcadia.  Mary also had a short-lived sitcom with husband Ted Danson on CBS called Inc., and Jason could also represent his late father (although John was most associated with ABC, he did appear on The Waltons and Hearts Afire).

And I do recall that while Don Adams' Get Smart mostly aired on NBC, it did move to CBS for its final season.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 11:58:41 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 12:20 AM\']I say for Monday:

Middle row:  Kevin James, MTM, someone from "The Young and the Restless" (number one soap for 15 years now, so someone should represent it)[/quote]
I would pick from "Y&R" either Lauralee Bell (after all, she is the daughter of the creators), Tracey Bergeman Recht, Jeanne Cooper or (if she's still on) Barbara Crampton.  Bell, Recht and Crampton have all had game show experience.

And if you were going to do something like this, I wouldn't leave out either Bob Barker or, to represent Dave, either Paul Shaffer or Biff Henderson.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 11:59:53 AM by uncamark »

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 12:01:07 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 11:58 AM\'] [quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 12:20 AM\']I say for Monday:

Middle row:  Kevin James, MTM, someone from "The Young and the Restless" (number one soap for 15 years now, so someone should represent it)[/quote]
I would pick from "Y&R" either Lauralee Bell (after all, she is the daughter of the creators), Tracey Bergeman Recht, Jeanne Cooper or (if she's still on) Barbara Crampton.  Bell, Recht and Crampton have all had game show experience. [/quote]
 Melody Thomas Scott, Terry Lester(not sure if he's still on the show), and Doug Davidson from Y&R all had a bit of GS experience, the latter of course as a host. Melody has appearances going back to Syndie MG in 1981, and Doug's game show appearances go back to the early 80s on Dawson Feud.

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 12:07:58 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 12:01 PM\']
I would pick from "Y&R" either Lauralee Bell (after all, she is the daughter of the creators), Tracey Bergeman Recht, Jeanne Cooper or (if she's still on) Barbara Crampton.  Bell, Recht and Crampton have all had game show experience.
Melody Thomas Scott, Terry Lester(not sure if he's still on the show), and Doug Davidson from Y&R all had a bit of GS experience, the latter of course as a host. Melody has appearances going back to Syndie MG in 1981, and Doug's game show appearances go back to the early 80s on Dawson Feud.[/quote]
Oh (CENSORED), I meant Melody Thomas Scott (wife of one of the producers), not Recht.  I can't tell all these blondes with three names apart.  :)