Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Bunch of Game Show Guests on Stu's Show for September...  (Read 1562 times)

TimK2003

A Bunch of Game Show Guests on Stu's Show for September...
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:14:32 PM »
STU'S SHOW (4:00 p.m. PDT/7:00 p.m. EDT, with rebroadcasts daily at the same time) -
Upcoming Guests

September 2 - GEOFF EDWARDS, Moreso for his on-air crank calls on radio (KMPC) in Los Angeles than his Game Show work.
September 16 - Music composer/conductor MILTON DeLUGG (The GONG Show).  
September 23 - Former "The Price is Right" producer/showrunner ROGER DOBKOWITZ (This is the 2nd visit for Roger).
September 30 - Wonderama/$64,000 Challenge host SONNY FOX

And for good measure, on September 9th, it's a One Day At A Time mini-reunion with BONNIE FRANKLIN and PAT HARRINGTON (the latter being a game show celebrity veteran), discussing their involvement in the 70's/80's hit TV show from Indianapolis.

davemackey

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 10:18:43 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'224616\' date=\'Aug 31 2009, 10:14 PM\']STU'S SHOW (4:00 p.m. PDT/7:00 p.m. EDT, with rebroadcasts daily at the same time) -
Upcoming Guests

September 2 - GEOFF EDWARDS, Moreso for his on-air crank calls on radio (KMPC) in Los Angeles than his Game Show work.
September 16 - Music composer/conductor MILTON DeLUGG (The GONG Show).  
September 23 - Former "The Price is Right" producer/showrunner ROGER DOBKOWITZ (This is the 2nd visit for Roger).
September 30 - Wonderama/$64,000 Challenge host SONNY FOX

And for good measure, on September 9th, it's a One Day At A Time mini-reunion with BONNIE FRANKLIN and PAT HARRINGTON (the latter being a game show celebrity veteran), discussing their involvement in the 70's/80's hit TV show from Indianapolis.[/quote]
I'll probably tune in to hear Delugg. I think he would have some interesting stories about the Gong Show, at the very least. How he gathered all those great players and managed to keep his sanity working in that pressure cooker. But remember, he was also involved with so many other shows ("Broadway Open House" and "The Tonight Show") and movies ("Santa Claus Conquers The Martians!").

/Pat Harrington was the voice of the Inspector - someone should remind him of that

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 10:42:17 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'224700\' date=\'Sep 1 2009, 10:18 PM\']But remember, he was also involved with so many other shows ("Broadway Open House" and "The Tonight Show") and movies ("Santa Claus Conquers The Martians!").[/quote]
Not to mention The Bill Cullen Show!

Milt also wrote the theme song to an unsold early-70s Ronnie Greenberg pilot called Write Your Own Ticket.  It was one of those rare game show themes with lyrics, and I'd love to know if he still has the recordings of stuff like that.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 11:48:23 PM »
Milton also co-wrote "Roller Coaster" with Lou Busch, at one time the closing theme of What's My Line? and available on one of the game show theme CDs. Busch went on to become Allan Sherman's musical director.

jimlangefan

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:14:00 AM »
Milton DeLugg was also the bandleader on Herb Shriner's "Two For The Money".
TV's Big Dealer

Eric Paddon

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:38:40 AM »
If there's one non-game show question I wish I could ask Geoff Edwards it would be about his witnessing Jack Ruby killing Lee Harvey Oswald right in front of him (he was covering the event for KHJ radio).    It is utterly surreal to watch the tape of that famous event and suddenly see him among the eyewitnesses just afterwards talking with NBC's Tom Pettit about what had happened.

stuincalif

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 11:37:28 AM »
[quote name=\'Eric Paddon\' post=\'224714\' date=\'Sep 1 2009, 10:38 PM\']If there's one non-game show question I wish I could ask Geoff Edwards it would be about his witnessing Jack Ruby killing Lee Harvey Oswald right in front of him (he was covering the event for KHJ radio).    It is utterly surreal to watch the tape of that famous event and suddenly see him among the eyewitnesses just afterwards talking with NBC's Tom Pettit about what had happened.[/quote]

The last time Geoff was on the show (in May with Wink Martindale), we discussed this very subject, and Geoff said it was one of the most incredible things he'd ever seen, especially after the events of the previous couple of days.  We played about 60 seconds of audio from the NBC feed of that morning and everyone in the room listening to that was just mesmerized...an unbelievable piece of history.  I'll try and bring that up later today, but I'm not sure how much he's going to want to talk about that after we covered it so much the last time he was on.  I'll see if I can at least drop it in.